National Hero Godfrey Bongo gongo land Bloom?

If next doors kids haven't got enough to eat because their Dad spends it all on cars and women, surely the morally correct thing to do is feed them?

All the ne'ere do well fathers must be cheering at your naivety. Sensible people will be gasping.

---------- Post added 10-08-2013 at 08:10 ----------

Originally Posted by Waldo View Post

Another related point for consideration.

Should aid come via the government out of our taxes (effectively forcing all tax payers to make contributions to aid organisations); or should it be left up to individuals to decide which charities they want to support etc?

Quite a few people have already considered that Waldo.

Patriot Godfrey Bloom said it but the knicker wetter, lefty PC brigade have only focused on the Bongo, Bongo land 2% (If that).

No,but it would be misinformation if your friend told another friend that your money to feed the kids wasn't being used to feed the kids,but was being spent on fast cars and fast women.

You missed the 'help' word out. It 'helps' the Dad to spend money on fast women and fast cars because you have taken on the responsibility, and financial burden, for feeding the kids.

There is no misinformation in the headline. The Mail raised a valid point, which poses the question... should we carry on feeding the kids?

You missed the 'help' word out. It 'helps' the Dad to spend money on fast women and fast cars because you have taken on the responsibility, and financial burden, for feeding the kids.

There is no misinformation in the headline. The Mail raised a valid point, which poses the question... should we carry on feeding the kids?

You used the word 'help'........the Mail did not,that's the difference,and that's the reason it was 'misinformation'.

---------- Post added 10-08-2013 at 07:51 ----------

Revealed: The tiny South Pacific island which receives £70,000 in British taxpayers' money for each of its 52 inhabitants

What will Patriot Godfrey Bloom say about the non taxpaying patriots on the Pitcairn Islands being funded by British taxpayers money...........or is that the 'right kind of land' for the money to be going to?

If next doors kids haven't got enough to eat because their Dad spends it all on cars and women, surely the morally correct thing to do is feed them?

How about ensuring the aid reaches the people and places it's meant to rather than throwing the baby out with the bathwater?

How long now have we been feeding the kids? I am 44 now and all I have ever known is appeals to support the poor in these countries. At what point do we at least ask ourselves whether the intervention is working? Are we in fact stunting development and growth, and perpetuating the problems causing the suffering, by making these places dependent on us?

The poor starved to death in this country too as we developed into the nation/culture that we have today. Perhaps there are no short cuts? At the very least there is a debate to be had and the outpouring of outrage that aims to stifle the debate helps nobody.

Somebody used a non-PC expression... it is no excuse for dodging the debate.

---------- Post added 10-08-2013 at 09:00 ----------

You used the word 'help'........the Mail did not,that's the difference,and that's the reason it was 'misinformation'.

---------- Post added 10-08-2013 at 07:51 ----------

Revealed: The tiny South Pacific island which receives £70,000 in British taxpayers' money for each of its 52 inhabitants

What will Patriot Godfrey Bloom say about the non taxpaying patriots on the Pitcairn Islands being funded by British taxpayers money...........or is that the 'right kind of land' for the money to be going to?

The Mail did use the word help, which is why a provided a link to the headline.

Which means there isn't any difference and we agree it isn't misinformation... at last!

Patriot Godfrey Bloom said it but the knicker wetter, lefty PC brigade have only focused on the Bongo, Bongo land 2% (If that).

Patriot Godfrey Bloom has apologised for using the expression and has promised not to use it again after being told off by Nigel Farage.

Therefore, Farage, Bloom and UKIP must now be part of the knicker wetter, lefty PC brigade.

My boss Nigel Farage has asked me not to use it again and I've promised him that I won't and if it upsets my boss, obviously I don't want to do it and I don't intend to use the term again,” Mr Bloom told Sky News.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/10228834/Godfrey-Bloom-says-hes-promised-Nigel-Farage-not-to-say-bongo-bongo-land.html

Patriot Godfrey Bloom is also married to a Pole and employs Kasmiri staff.

There's patriotism for you.

How long now have we been feeding the kids? I am 44 now and all I have ever known is appeals to support the poor in these countries. At what point do we at least ask ourselves whether the intervention is working? Are we in fact stunting development and growth, and perpetuating the problems causing the suffering, by making these places dependent on us?

The poor starved to death in this country too as we developed into the nation/culture that we have today. Perhaps there are no short cuts? At the very least there is a debate to be had and the outpouring of outrage that aims to stifle the debate helps nobody.

To be fair Zamo, the starvation crisis in continents like Africa isn't quite what it used to be-the aid worked, (charitable) development programmes now are aimed at creating infrastructure whereby these areas can develop. Decent water supplies, electricity, agriculture, schools and universities etc.

---------- Post added 10-08-2013 at 09:06 ----------

Therefore, Farage, Bloom and UKIP must now be part of the knicker wetter, lefty PC brigade.

Or bloomers in the case of Godfrey.

The Mail did use the word help, which is why a provided a link to the headline.

Which means there isn't any difference and we agree it isn't misinformation... at last!

As Cameron attacks 'Bongo Bongo' MEP... How £1billion of your cash is being used to help Nigeria join the space race

Just to 'help' you,I will re copy the misinfomation of the Daily Mail headline,where you will see that the relevent words are 'is being used'........that is why the Department For International Development issued a statement printed in the same article that contradicts the Mail headline and makes the headline..........misinformation,otherwise the headline would have read 'help to feed their kids',it says 'help to join the space race'

To be fair Zamo, the starvation crisis in continents like Africa isn't quite what it used to be-the aid worked, (charitable) development programmes now are aimed at creating infrastructure whereby these areas can develop. Decent water supplies, electricity, agriculture, schools and universities etc.

But it hasn't changed the underlying cultural issues that prevented development without aid. Whilst they remain we will continue to see the good work, financed by aid, being undone.

But it hasn't changed the underlying cultural issues that prevented development without aid. Whilst they remain we will continue to see the good work, financed by aid, being undone.

I agree but the it's hard to challenge the 'underlying cultural issues' if you're dirt poor and rely on the largesse of your local warlord. Creating environments where that isn't the case is the way forward in creating independent people...and potential customers for UK PLC.

Patriot Godfrey Bloom has apologised for using the expression and has promised not to use it again after being told off by Nigel Farage.

My boss Nigel Farage has asked me not to use it again and I've promised him that I won't and if it upsets my boss, obviously I don't want to do it and I don't intend to use the term again,” Mr Bloom told Sky News.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/10228834/Godfrey-Bloom-says-hes-promised-Nigel-Farage-not-to-say-bongo-bongo-land.html

Patriot Godfrey Bloom is also married to a Pole and employs Kasmiri staff.

There's patriotism for you.

Bongo bongo land and now Kasmiri staff it's getting to be like Star Trek,

I suppose it blows the lefty's racist slur out of the water.

Archived