National Hero Godfrey Bongo gongo land Bloom?

Yet another one of your exaggerated statements, in an effort to appeal to emotion with support for UKIP.

Being in support of foreign aid in no way minimises the concern for those suffering here, but I doubt UKIP would be more generous to those in financial hardship, especially with a policy to vastly increase the defence budget.

So you're happy about the following? What a sick person you are.

Last year nine pensioners died every hour, because of the cold ...

http://www.checkatrade.com/News/Last-year-nine-pensioners-died...cold.html

I don't need self-righteous sanctimonious insulting comments from you to draw my attention to the sufferings of elderly people thanks.

And why bother wasting time posting one link after another that say "page not found"

Patriot Godfrey Bloom stated that most of our overseas aid never reaches the intended recipients, it is misappropriated by those in power in the recipient third world countries.

Patriot Godfrey Bloom also said

"no self-respecting small businessman with a brain in the right place would ever employ a lady of child-bearing age". He then added: "I just don't think they [women] clean behind the fridge enough".

Just because someone says something doesn't mean it's true.

Every year 15 million children die of hunger.

That's 1 every two seconds.

You pretend to be concerned about pensioners, but don't care about children...

Now that's sick.

Do they die because their governments send their food money as overseas aid instead of feeding them.

---------- Post added 12-08-2013 at 12:06 ----------

Patriot Godfrey Bloom also said

"no self-respecting small businessman with a brain in the right place would ever employ a lady of child-bearing age". He then added: "I just don't think they [women] clean behind the fridge enough".

Just because someone says something doesn't mean it's true.

Is he wrong?

Is he wrong?

If you're saying no women under the age of 45 should have a job then you'd be better off seeking psychiatric help rather than posting on here.

Think of the logic of your post though. If women couldn't work how many immigrants would be needed to fill the posts women under 45 now fill?

Also ask yourself how many votes UKIP would get if it had a policy that women under 45 shouldn't work.

If we are talking about the underlying problem of the corruption, I think it stems from the treatment of Africa during the Cold War, and the colonising era the preceded it. I believe that this is how that culture was ingrained, where despots were bribed, with money and with promises of help to stay in power, on the condition that they would remain the enemy of their "sponsors" enemy.

To be honest, I'd not be too surprised if not much has changed since, but one thing is for certain the world does have a responsibility to try to unravel the mess.

I don't necessarily agree that their problems are someone elses fault and therefore the world has a resposibility to unravel the mess. Even if it were true I question our ability to do anything about it... if 30 plus years of pumping in aid hasn't change the cultural or political problems then surely we must question if it ever will?

It is a bit like the failed attempts to export democracy to places like Afghanistan, Iraq and Egypt... the cultural and political conditions are not right. There is an interesting artical here about it.

If you're saying no women under the age of 45 should have a job then you'd be better off seeking psychiatric help rather than posting on here.

Think of the logic of your post though. If women couldn't work how many immigrants would be needed to fill the posts women under 45 now fill?

Also ask yourself how many votes UKIP would get if it had a policy that women under 45 shouldn't work.

No I'm not, thats your thinking,

No one said women couldn't work, the point is could the small business man afford to employ someone who would possibly need time off due to pregnancy.

Why bring immigration into it we have enough unemployed of our own.

Do they die because their governments send their food money as overseas aid instead of feeding them.

If they do does that make it okay to not care about them?

---------- Post added 12-08-2013 at 12:06 ----------

Is he wrong?

Yes, he is morally and legally wrong, in what way do you think he is right?

I don't necessarily agree that their problems are someone elses fault and therefore the world has a resposibility to unravel the mess. Even if it were true I question our ability to do anything about it... if 30 plus years of pumping in aid hasn't change the cultural or political problems then surely we must question if it ever will?

It is a bit like the failed attempts to export democracy to places like Afghanistan, Iraq and Egypt... the cultural and political conditions are not right. There is an interesting artical here about it.

I never claimed the problem to be solely someone else's fault, obviously the poor leadership the Africa has has got an awful lot to answer for as well. The problem is that if the world does not find a way to untangle the mess caused by colonialism, the Cold War and the despotic leadership, then the world may be a too small place for this problem to exist in isolation from the rest of it.

Thanks for the link, I'll read it later.

Archived