National Hero Godfrey Bongo gongo land Bloom?

Not necessarily - it makes me highly suspicious of their motives though.

Disturbed I'd say is more appropriate.

---------- Post added 12-08-2013 at 18:45 ----------

There's lots of moral highground in Bongo Bongo land, it seems.

And an awful lot of moral low ground when it comes down to our own needy.

No, No it's a racist bigoted slur, that's all he said for several minutes, Bongo, Bongo Land. Bongo, Bongo Land, Bongo, Bongo Land, Bongo, Bongo Land, Bongo, Bongo Land and nothing else

No mention of most of our aid being milked off or the 9 pensioners dying each day in the UK in the winter.

All this according to certain anti British members on this forum who'd rather pay for an African despots fleet of limos and villas or better still a 38,000 ton Indian Aircraft Carrier.

We really must get our priorities right, sod our own needy.

---------- Post added 12-08-2013 at 18:41 ----------

Maybe the plural of Bongo is Umbongo, so really he should have said Umbongo lands.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Thats nearly as many bongo bongos as there are in this wonderful song.

Why is this one specific type of antelope the defining feature of Bongo Bongo land? Are there no other animals there that we'd know?

Why not Lion Lion land?

Or Elephant Elephang land?

:)

Its bongo bongo land because it’s where the bongo roam and the bongo is played, you can't play an lion or an elephant. :loopy:

So you're saying that saving the lives of 810 British pensioners in one winter would cost over £51billion.

I've some far fetched replies on this topic but that takes the biscuit

He isn't saying that at all - stop wilfully misinterpreting things.

If you're not sure what Cyclone meant, ask him and I'm sure he'll clarify.

To attribute a meaning that simply isn't there is rude, ignorant and not really conducive to an intelligent discussion.

Why is this one specific type of antelope the defining feature of Bongo Bongo land? Are there no other animals there that we'd know?

Why not Lion Lion land?

Or Elephant Elephang land?

:)

Didn't you ever see the 1935 film 'Sanders Of The River' starring Paul Robeson?

And at one stage the Bongos played and sent the message 'Sanders Not Dead'.

Not so. Tax paid by UK taxpayers is rather intended for use in the UK and so as to benefit those in the UK.

Tax paid by the UK taxpayer is paid for the government of the UK to use as it sees fit. Don't like how it uses it, elect another government.

There is no stated or implied intention that non will be used for overseas aid as you well know.

You also imply that overseas aid doesn't benefit the UK, I disagree, it very much does.

---------- Post added 12-08-2013 at 23:03 ----------

Holding racists views doesn't invalidate someones opinion though does it? Is it not possible that he could be racist and still be right that we are wasting our money sending aid to some countries?

I think it is a bit too easy to simply dismiss someones concerns with a label instead of an argument.

You're quite right, his opinion is not invalidated simply because he's a racist misogynist, but it does make me think very carefully about how he's forming these opinions, particularly when they directly involve foreigners who he's just demonstrated a prejudice against... (Or indeed if they were about women).

You're quite right, his opinion is not invalidated simply because he's a racist misogynist, but it does make me think very carefully about how he's forming these opinions, particularly when they directly involve foreigners who he's just demonstrated a prejudice against... (Or indeed if they were about women).

Which is fine, but having thought very carefully about the matter of how he came to the conclusions he did (a rather niche matter) you still have to make a call on whether borrowing (albeit at a reasonable interest rate) a billion quid a month to give away while slashing homeland budgets is a good idea or not.

Did you manage to form an opinion in that regard?

Archived