National Hero Godfrey Bongo gongo land Bloom?

Because "Bongo Bongo land" has more resonance? Would we be talking about him 2 weeks later on a 21 page thread if he had said "some corrupt leaders in Africa"?

Probably not, but equally how many of the people still talking about it have had their opinions of UKIP changed by his comments?

While his comments may have attracted some people to support the party, they're just as likely to have caused others to have decided they are actually just a "more acceptable" version of the BNP and conclude they're not suitable for leadership.

Because "Bongo Bongo land" has more resonance? Would we be talking about him 2 weeks later on a 21 page thread if he had said "some corrupt leaders in Africa"?

I saw the man being interviewed hat night on Channel 4. He didn't complete the interview and consequently walked out. It made him look a joke and most unprofessional and showed him up for what he is. I was reminded of the old saying 'if you can't tand the heat'...

I am glad he is not my MP. Just imagine if he had a list of African constituents lining up in his surgery the next day. Disgraceful comment and behaviour and cannot be expected to be taken seriously, even though his age group may have once used those words to describe Africans.

...I am glad he is not my MP. Just imagine if he had a list of African constituents lining up in his surgery the next day. Disgraceful comment and behaviour.

He's not anybody's MP. He is an MEP and I doubt many of his constituents could (prior to his recent 'few minutes of fame') have identified him.

When I last lived in the UK, my MEP was a bloke called 'Erin'. I'd no idea who Erin was and I didn't even know (until she quit) that she was a she and not a he.

(She went up in my estimation when she did resign. The reason she gave was: "I've no idea who my constituents are and they've no idea who I am. How can I claim to represent people when I know nothing about them and know nothing about their needs?)

I think 'MEP' stands for "More European Pay.' Getting paid (and getting paid expenses) seems to be what they do best.

I saw the man being interviewed hat night on Channel 4. He didn't complete the interview and consequently walked out. It made him look a joke and most unprofessional. I was reminded of the old saying 'if you can't tand the heat'...

I am glad he is not my MP. Just imagine if he had a list of African constituents lining up in his surgery the next day. Disgraceful comment and behaviour.

He does represent us, he's a Yorkshire and Humber MEP. Don't worry he's doing us proud, he's had to be "helped" out of the chamber at least a couple of times for being drunk. He also admits to visiting brothels in Hong Kong.

Probably not, but equally how many of the people still talking about it have had their opinions of UKIP changed by his comments?

While his comments may have attracted some people to support the party, they're just as likely to have caused others to have decided they are actually just a "more acceptable" version of the BNP and conclude they're not suitable for leadership.

He has also managed to appeal to all the closet racists out there, who will no doubt vote for him during the MEP elections next year. Nothing like being a self publicist.

---------- Post added 13-08-2013 at 21:49 ----------

He also admits to visiting brothels in Hong Kong.

Another fact-finding mission, no doubt!

I don't see it as racist not to support foreign aid. If we spend the money here it will benefit all the population, many of them are black, Asian or whatever. So surely the stopping of foreign aid can be seen as a positive action for minority groups already here?

Where does this idea come from that if we stop foreign aid, then we'll have more money to spend here?

If we stopped foreign aid completely, the best things that we could do with the money is reduce our deficit. The most likely thing is it'll be squandered on more quangos, duck houses for MPs and business bribes for the already rich. It's not going to end up keeping pensioners warm or children fed.

I don't see it as racist not to support foreign aid. If we spend the money here it will benefit all the population, many of them are black, Asian or whatever. So surely the stopping of foreign aid can be seen as a positive action for minority groups already here?

I agree, but when you say "stop sending money to *******" that's a whole new ball game, because effectively that's what he's done. Foreign aid is a very complex..all countries do it. What this sad excuse for the human species has done is reduce it to racism and bigotry.

Regardless of the issues regarding aid, this man is not worthy of anyone's respect...unless you're one of the few supporters with his views posting on this thread. The racists and bigots on here see him as a sign of authority, so therefore what he says must hold water simply because he says something the way they think.

---------- Post added 13-08-2013 at 23:07 ----------

Would you approach a 6' 2" Black guy from Firvale and tell him his kind aint getting no more money sent to Bongo bongo land.

And while yer doing it do it with "resonance". :roll:

I agree, but when you say "stop sending money to *******" that's a whole new ball game, because effectively that's what he's done. Foreign aid is a very complex..all countries do it. What this sad excuse for the human species has done is reduce it to racism and bigotry.

Regardless of the issues regarding aid, this man is not worthy of anyone's respect...unless you're one of the few supporters with his views posting on this thread. The racists and bigots on here see him as a sign of authority, so therefore what he says must hold water simply because he says something the way they think

Would you approach a 6' 2" Black guy from Firvale and tell him his kind aint getting no more money sent to Bongo bongo land.

And while yer doing it do it with "resonance". :roll:

What utter rubbish. Make up stuff he hasn't said and then demand people go and say the rubbish you made up to a big black man with the inference he'd employ physical violence.

Has to be the worst "logical" argument I've ever seen on here. Utter disgrace. You should be ashamed. Damn bad show.

Archived