National Hero Godfrey Bongo gongo land Bloom?

Assuming that said companies don't pay any tax there is there any guarantee that if they did the inhabitants would be any better off ? We shouldn't be paying companies tax dues in other countries if that's what you think overseas aid is for...there's plenty of stuff here to spend it on.... what's your view on aid given to India and Pakistan?

What I am pointing out is that there would be no need for aid whatsoever, except in the event of a disaster or an emergency, if the multinationals paid the taxes owing to the states in which they operate.

No had he not used the term we wouldnt be disscussing it at all.

Job done well,top work!

But everyone's discussing bongo bongo and the imagined racist connotations,not the waste of public money going into some countries.

What I am pointing out is that there would be no need for aid whatsoever, except in the event of a disaster or an emergency, if the multinationals paid the taxes owing to the states in which they operate.

My guess is the tidy little arrangement was one of Labours little scams or pay offs possibly hush money which no doubt some still profit from.

Just stop and think for a moment...

ONE BILLION ££££££ a month! What you could do with that ay???

---------- Post added 07-08-2013 at 15:50 ----------

But everyone's discussing bongo bongo and the imagined racist connotations,not the waste of public money going into some countries.

Not everyone! And how many people have learned just how much were paying?

My guess is the tidy little arrangement was one of Labours little scams or pay offs possibly hush money which no doubt some still profit from.

Just stop and think for a moment...

ONE BILLION ££££££ a month! What you could do with that ay???

---------- Post added 07-08-2013 at 15:50 ----------

Not everyone! And how many people have learned just how much were paying?

Please don't expect me to make any excuses for new labour.

You're quite certain that the money wouldn't just disappear into some Swiss account?

You're quite certain that the money wouldn't just disappear into some Swiss account?

I'm afraid not. As you imply, there is a great deal of corruption, and new/emerging states would have a hard task to structure a functioning economy and provide basic services to their populace. Nothing is easy in this world, I'm afraid.

Am I confident that it could be achieved? hmm, not sure!

Do I believe it should be an aim? Absolutely!

And what should be the attitude of western governments? I think they should be supporting and assisting emerging nations to establish effective government and services - that would be a form of support that I would like to see going oversees - expertise.

Archived