Whirlow Grange reception costs

Not cheap. They wouldn't give us an idea of cost before we went and then had to sit through an hour of the full sales pitch (we were wanting the whole wedding there) and the example quote they gave (as each is bespoke) was £50 plus per person for a sit down meal with drinks on top, which we couldn't afford so a waste of time - meaning not left with the best impression. Lovely grounds though, but inside seemed a little generic conference venue to me.

A friend of mine had booked her wedding there for March this year, she was told that they were no longer doing weddings, therefore she had to get married else where. So not sure if they are doing weddings any more?

Hi

Wentworth Castle (http://www.wentworthcastle.org/weddings/) is a nice venue and Henry (wedding coordinator) is great. My wife does venue styling and we have done a few weddings here and he can't do enough for you so I can only imagine what he is like for the bride and groom.

I don't know what the costs are but I am pretty sure you can hire your own catering which is bound to make things cheaper. Definetly worth looking at.

Hope this helps.

Let us now what you are planning (e.g. sit down meal etc) and budget and might be able to make suggestions.

I finally booked with Tapton Hall who are much more reasonable and also considered the Old Rectory at Handsworth - though we couldn't get a date with them as they are so popular.

Archived