Great Britain?

Hello chaps,

Lovely to hear from you, It is getting a bit repetitive I agree, but to summarize my position. I refuse to be lectured to and hectored by Yee Ha Yanks, or bitter twisted Celtic types about their perceived failings of my country.

I am proud of the UK, not perfect I agree, but on balance we did a pretty good job of bringing civilization to the rest of the world.

When I compare that to the contribution of the US which, through its arrogance selfishness and greed is without doubt the most hated country since Nazi Germany, and to Ireland, whose contribution is limited to black beer, maudlin music and indecipherable poetry and who languishes in its misery and hatred to its neighbor, (but is always there for an occasional handout), I do not think we have anything to apologize for. Certainly I wont.

Toodle Pip,

Keep em coming.

Hello chaps,

Lovely to hear from you, It is getting a bit repetitive I agree, but to summarize my position. I refuse to be lectured to and hectored by Yee Ha Yanks, or bitter twisted Celtic types about their perceived failings of my country.

I am proud of the UK, not perfect I agree, but on balance we did a pretty good job of bringing civilization to the rest of the world.

When I compare that to the contribution of the US which, through its arrogance selfishness and greed is without doubt the most hated country since Nazi Germany, and to Ireland, whose contribution is limited to black beer, maudlin music and indecipherable poetry and who languishes in its misery and hatred to its neighbor, (but is always there for an occasional handout), I do not think we have anything to apologize for. Certainly I wont.

Toodle Pip,

Keep em coming.

I presume that I would be the bitter twisted Celtic type? :) And apparently I hate this country?

Strange that really, because my father, uncle & cousin were all English & they all fought for this country in two World Wars. Early next month I & two mates are on our way to France to visit my cousins British army war grave in Serre. He died on the first day of the Somme 1st July 1916 at the age of 19.

Strange way to behave for someone who apparently hates this country don't you think?

As to Ireland's contribution try reading instead of ranting & you won't make such a fool of yourself in future.

In particular, look up my fellow Anglo-Irishman the Duke of Wellingtons comments as to the contribution of catholic Irish soldiers to his & Britain's military success. The comments are contained in his address to parliament as Prime Minister urging catholic emancipation.

You apparently are another clown who doesn't know the difference between a 'handout' & a loan repayable with interest.

Currently Ireland owes the UK 104.5 billion Euro whilst the UK owes Ireland 113.5 billion Euro. That makes 9 billion Euro in Ireland's favour.

Google BBC News 'Who owes what to whom' to verify that fact.

Repeated from the above post as you apparently don't bother reading before responding.

As to those Yee Haa yanks, you are aware they both served in this country's armed services?

Mistaking genuine justifiable criticism for hatred is a basic error made by oversensitive people who don't spend too much time thinking things through.

Keep em coming :hihi:

I presume that I would be the bitter twisted Celtic type? :) And apparently I hate this country?

Strange that really, because my father, uncle & cousin were all English & they all fought for this country in two World Wars. Early next month I & two mates are on our way to France to visit my cousins British army war grave in Serre. He died on the first day of the Somme 1st July 1916 at the age of 19.

Strange way to behave for someone who apparently hates this country don't you think?

As to Ireland's contribution try reading instead of ranting & you won't make such a fool of yourself in future.

In particular, look up my fellow Anglo-Irishman the Duke of Wellingtons comments as to the contribution of catholic Irish soldiers to his & Britain's military success. The comments are contained in his address to parliament as Prime Minister urging catholic emancipation.

You apparently are another clown who doesn't know the difference between a 'handout' & a loan repayable with interest.

Currently Ireland owes the UK 104.5 billion Euro whilst the UK owes Ireland 113.5 billion Euro. That makes 9 billion Euro in Ireland's favour.

Repeated from the above post as you apparently don't bother reading before responding.

As to those Yee Haa yanks, you are aware they both served in this country's armed services?

Mistaking genuine justifiable criticism for hatred is a basic error made by oversensitive people who don't spend too much time thinking things through.

I am aware of all the above as you keep repeating the same thing. You failed to mention the Irish who built our canal and rail system. To all those you mention and the ones you omitted to mention, thank you, and well done, you all had the sense to abandon that emerald cesspit and move here.

BTW I hate no individual, I have met some charming Yanks. If I had to generalise I find them a bit dim, this of course comes from the fact that since the act of betrayal (they call it the revolution) they have been over run by all manner of races and the genes with the brains (English) have become diluted.

PS "smart arse" Moi?

Way to go, the Banner. Thank you for your support for an old swaddie, and an old matelot. A little conscription would have done some of these malcontents some good, although a disservice to the professional, underfunded and underpaid regulars in your fine military. Let's stop feeding the troll HollSchweinhund, shall we. Let him have the last word then ignore with a laugh.

Must just take you up on the Duke of Wellington, he stood the Guards behind the Irish regiments and told them to shoot the paddies if they tried to run away.

Also to describe him as Anglo Irish is correct in that he was born over the water, but I do not think that anyone would ascribe any of his attributes to his "Irishness". Accidents happen, including where your mother is when the baby arrives.

Hello mjw47

I came to the conclusion that he was just trolling most of the time. Nobody could be that stupid and misinformed :hihi: :hihi:

Warning: Has your post been Halibut approved?

He fell down the 'Idiot Tree' hitting every branch on the way down

I am aware of all the above as you keep repeating the same thing. You failed to mention the Irish who built our canal and rail system. To all those you mention and the ones you omitted to mention, thank you, and well done, you all had the sense to abandon that emerald cesspit and move here.

BTW I hate no individual, I have met some charming Yanks. If I had to generalise I find them a bit dim, this of course comes from the fact that since the act of betrayal (they call it the revolution) they have been over run by all manner of races and the genes with the brains (English) have become diluted.

PS "smart arse" Moi?

The reason that I keep repeating myself is that you keep failing to take points on board & keep repeating Yourself ad infinitum.

I dealt with your previous ignorant comment regarding a 'bailout' in post 201, only for you to come back with your 'occasional handout' crack in post 211. You see how that works? If you take on board replies to your posts first time round, there would be no need for repetition would there? :)

Yes, people do usually call it a betrayal when they lose :D I've heard the same said of the Irish War of Independence :hihi:.

Love your detour into eugenics by the way :D. Yes that makes perfect sense, all those Germans - largest European immigrant group in America - plus those Jewish settlers, diluting that English brainpower :hihi:.

Smart arse? Takes one to know one Hillpig, takes one to know one. :D:D

Must just take you up on the Duke of Wellington, he stood the Guards behind the Irish regiments and told them to shoot the paddies if they tried to run away.

Also to describe him as Anglo Irish is correct in that he was born over the water, but I do not think that anyone would ascribe any of his attributes to his "Irishness". Accidents happen, including where your mother is when the baby arrives.[/quote

Firstly point me in the direction of where that incident is recorded.

Secondly the Duke never denied his Irish roots & indeed played cricket for Ireland against England.

His mother was English, his father Irish making him Anglo Irish. Incidentally, the family surname wasn't originally Wellesley, they changed it to that when a cousin died without children & left them estates & titles.

The original family name was Colley, you know, an Irish name.

As to not ascribing any of his attributes to his Irishness, how about the fact that twenty three different races have been awarded the Victoria Cross & the Irish are second only to the English in number of recipients?

Or that thirty three different races have won the American Medal of Honor & the Irish are second only to the Americans?

How's about that for attributes required, considering he was a soldier?

Incidentally none of the above awards take into consideration the number of second generation Irishmen who won awards, there were numerous.

Archived