Insurance scam**check your accounts**

:suspect:BEWARE:suspect::suspect:

just checked my bank account to find Hastings direct had taken firstly £408 then £438 from me today.

Silly thing is.. I dont currently have any dealing with hastings or any of their other companies.

After calling them it seems they have taken it on themselves to renew a policy I had 3 years ago,and take the money from my account without any notice.

Also after checking my account it seems they had taken £338 this time last year.I didnt know this until they told me today.

At the same time I had been paying for another policy on the same car with another company,which is illegal.

It also seems that they took out 2 payments this year because the policy haad been renewed.

After spending nearly 1 hour on the phone I have been promised a full refund immediatly,nearly £1200 which had been taken

The girl at the other end of the phone thought this was funny and said it was a usual thing:huh::huh:

Check your accounts:suspect::suspect::suspect:

just checked my bank account to find Hastings direct had taken firstly £408 then £438 from me today.

Silly thing is.. I dont currently have any dealing with hastings or any of their other companies.

After calling them it seems they have taken it on themselves to renew a policy I had 3 years ago,and take the money from my account without any notice.

Also after checking my account it seems they had taken £338 this time last year.I didnt know this until they told me today.

At the same time I had been paying for another policy on the same car with another company,which is illegal.

It also seems that they took out 2 payments this year because the policy haad been renewed.

After spending nearly 1 hour on the phone I have been promised a full refund immediatly,nearly £1200 which had been taken

The girl at the other end of the phone thought this was funny and said it was a usual thing:huh::huh:

Check your accounts

Funny you should mention that.... as I've had a nightmare with the said company, in short I took out a car policy with them, they messed it up big time and when I asked for a refund they with-held part of my money claiming admin charges, yet it was well within the 2 week cancellation period and the policy hadn't commenced yet they were having non of it until that is...the word solicitor was mentioned and illegal dealings

They then started to panic.... and really couldn't do enough to help me:huh:

If anyone is thinking of taking out a policy with hastings direct ensure you read ALL of the small print and if possible record the conversations you have with them in case of issues. They state that all operators mention a cancellation fee erm no they don't unless the policy has already commenced and is over the 14 day cooling off period, not if its within this time period.

They are the worst company I've ever had dealings with, they are incompetent and in my case something dodgy was going off. :suspect:Remember the magic word is 'solicitor' works a treat especially with recorded conversations!!!:D

My credit card company were just as useless - what a disappointment!

I check my accounts every day or every other day. They took large amounts out of your account on three occasions, how could you not notice? :huh:

Noticed it this year soon as it came out,

I think I was on holiday this time last year,they came out on seperate days last time ,within the space of 2 days,so I must have noticed 1 payment,thinking it was my other policy coming out:suspect:

regarding the post above... I've just noticed that Hastings charge an extra £20 to re-new a policy,how bad is that, adding extra to the agreed price because your a regular customer.

These are real cowboys and need looking into seriously

Archived