Are there any legal experts can answer a question about pub laws?

But if you are making absolutely no provision for the pram and not allowing it on the premises, then surely you are effectively banning the child and the parents of the child?

You would be right if there was no way other way of transporting a child without using a pram.

Besides, I'm pretty sure you can ban wheelchairs - provided you make suitable arrangements for the people who use them. Quickest example I can think of is airlines - however much a wheelchair user complained, they'd still not be allowed to sit in their wheelchair for takeoff.

Why would anyone want to take a pram in a pub anyway ?

In our country that's no setting for a child, is it ? We British tend to go to pubs to get drunk, don't we ?

Wouldn't take my kids anywhere near a pub if i'm honest.

Well said Mega, it's bad enough people with bloody prams think they own the buses, lets not let them think that about prams in pubs as well. In life there are 2 things you should never give a woman, 1: a pram 2: an umbrella, they are lethal with both.

There is a trend to use car seats instead; but how many mothers would be ok with leaing baby outside whilst it slept. Dont babies sleep 24/7?

So effectiely, babies are "attached" to prams.

They do come out of those things you know, they can be picked up... They couldn't be left outside obviously.

Kids, particularly ones so young they are in pushchairs should be banned from all pubs. I dont go and sit in playgrounds drinking alcohol. Anymore.

Seriously though, i look down on parents that take kids inside a pub. Kids in a beer garden if well controlled are just about acceptable, but not welcome.

Was just looking for the factual information as mentioned. But it just seems silly to expect parents to leave them outside, as opposed to folding them down in a corner or making some sensible provision. As for leaving them outside, you would have to be very stupid to do that these days and hope it wouldn't get stolen. Unless the landlord would be willing to compensate for the loss?

It would be interesting to see if the 'pram ban' is still on over the winter in this pub, when custom I though would be very slow.

Was just looking for the factual information as mentioned. But it just seems silly to expect parents to leave them outside, as opposed to folding them down in a corner or making some sensible provision. As for leaving them outside, you would have to be very stupid to do that these days and hope it wouldn't get stolen. Unless the landlord would be willing to compensate for the loss?

It would be interesting to see if the 'pram ban' is still on over the winter in this pub, when custom I though would be very slow.

Why don't you vote with your feet and pick a different pub?

Archived