What is Bradway like?

• 6 months later...

Hi sorry to resurrect an old thread. We are looking to move and would like to know more about bradway. Is the city centre commutable by bus? What are the journey times during the am and pm peak rush hours? Also, I've seen that the primary school has a good rating; does anyone have first hand recent experience of the school? Which is the nearest secondary? Any other local views welcome, thanks :)

Hi,

Apx 30-40mins on bus to city dependant on exactly where in Bradway you are. Probably allow an hour in peak times just incase.

Nearest secondaries are Meadowhead or King Ecgbert's - again depends which part of Bradway.

Bradway Primary is a good school - used to be Sir Harold Jackson. Have a look online at their website & their most recent Ofsted.

Hi sorry to resurrect an old thread. We are looking to move and would like to know more about bradway. Is the city centre commutable by bus? What are the journey times during the am and pm peak rush hours? Also, I've seen that the primary school has a good rating; does anyone have first hand recent experience of the school? Which is the nearest secondary? Any other local views welcome, thanks :)

I live in Bradway and have done all my life, its a nice area.

Buses into town run every 10 minutes in the daytime (route 25/25A) and every 20-30 mins evening and Sunday (route 53), off peak journey 30-35 minutes, rush hour 40-50 minutes. Alternatively it is walkable down the (steep) hill to Dore & Totley rail station where trains run non-stop into town in under 10 minutes.

Bradway Primary (formerly Sir Harold Jackson) still seems to have a good reputation, the normal secondary to move on to is Meadowhead and school buses operate there from Bradway.

Archived