UK's population growth highest in EU

Decent British folk have all decided to have a bunch of babies?

Or Labour let in a huge nation changing bunch of third worlders who shell out kids like there is no tommorow?

I'm guess this "happy news", is based on the latter.

I'm sure they'll all integrate into British society and not try to change it to a version of their backward carry on so it's all good! Yey! Go mass immigration!!

I despair.

In all, 813,200 UK births were recorded in the year, said the ONS, contributing to population growth that was, in absolute terms, the highest in the EU.

Only Germany and France have larger populations than us so it's not a shock to know we're at or near the top. The Germans are actually worried about their ageing population not having enough workers to produce stuff and pay taxes to pay off debt,

If it's the former, what happens when they become the ageing demographic in two generations time?

Yet more babies to provide for them?

That's just a Ponzi scheme in action, which leads to your latter conclusion.

It's not a Ponzi scheme because babies grow up to work and contribute and keep working for decades i.e. longer than pensioners live. A Ponzi scheme runs out of people eventually. A rising population doesn't. We've had centuries of economic growth based on an ever rising population. I can imagine you at the time of the industrial revolution saying it's a Ponzi scheme.

No surprise, immigration has been unsustainibly high since Labour opened the flood gates in 1997/8, and immigrants like to breed once they get here, ensures they'll never have to leave.

We've had constant waves of immigration since the war and we're a lot better off than we were then.

Its a bad thing, there isn't anything positive to say about it.

Female immigrants lead to UK baby boom

Several hundred thousand more female immigrants than had been expected surged into Britain over the past decade, boosting not only the numbers of foreign-born residents but also leading to a mini-baby boom, an analysis of 2011 census data shows.

Migrants change UK forever: White Britons 'will be in minority by 2066'

BRITAIN will be the Western world’s most ethnically diverse nation after 2050, according to an explosive academic study.

In other words you, Michael W, Andygardner et al don't like darkies. Either have tons of white kids or shut up because the work needs doing.

Amelia was the sixth most popular girls name in Poland in 2010, it appears when they get here they still like to call their girls Amelia.

Nooooooooooooooooo. They call their daughters Amelia? If ever there was an argument against immigration that must be it.

Only Germany and France have larger populations than us so it's not a shock to know we're at or near the top. The Germans are actually worried about their ageing population not having enough workers to produce stuff and pay taxes to pay off debt,

It's not a Ponzi scheme because babies grow up to work and contribute and keep working for decades i.e. longer than pensioners live. A Ponzi scheme runs out of people eventually. A rising population doesn't. We've had centuries of economic growth based on an ever rising population. I can imagine you at the time of the industrial revolution saying it's a Ponzi scheme.

We've had constant waves of immigration since the war and we're a lot better off than we were then.

In other words you, Michael W, Andygardner et al don't like darkies. Either have tons of white kids or shut up because the work needs doing.

Do you think the country has the infrastructure in place to properly support an increase in population?

Archived