Finding family ties

so between the two of you - can I please clarify something??

Mary in 1841 Pease born 1821 - believe to have wed Thomas Neil and that they then had a son - Thomas Neil who wed Elizabeth Cherril in 1866???

as some of the names repeat from generation to generation - I just want to make sure I am drawing lines from the right parents to the right children????

I am also curious hillsbro - as we found the transcription error of Blaine to Elaine - is that how we go from Mary PEASE to Charlie PEACE?????

sorry about that guys - my cursor jumped around - Mary Pease born in 1821 ad believed to have married Thomas Neil in 1841???

also - the date born that you refer to of 1790-1791 - that would then be for Jane Parkin??

---------- Post added 10-08-2013 at 13:28 ----------

smary - could Samuel and Jane have had BOTH a Mary and a Mary-Anne??? especially if that one listing shows that they had 7 children???

(i'm just throwing it out there as it seems like people were less than creative with names back then ;) !!)

I have found a marriage for Thomas Neil to a Mary Ann Peace in 1841 - According to Ancestry Mary Peace married a George Saville. The Charlie in this family didn't die until 1891 so not the infamous Charlie Peace. So I think this could be the wrong family but needs to be clarified. More checking needed - having a great time karenmay, hope we can solve the problem for you.

speleo1 - I have indeed already read that and will now give you one to look at and smary -if you are interested in looking at this story - given your comments above about the Anne Parker Ward Peace

In 1878 when Charles Peace was arrested - he actually gave his name as John Ward to the arresting officer

http://www.historybytheyard.co.uk/charlie_peace.htm

...I am also curious hillsbro - as we found the transcription error of Blaine to Elaine - is that how we go from Mary PEASE to Charlie PEACE?????
The Blaine/Elaine confusion was clearly a misreading of an index entry by whomever transcribed the entry - a blurred E can be read as a B. The Pease/Peace variation is due to the fact that the Victorians were not so keen on correct spelling as we are now, so registrars and enumerators often wrote the same person's name differently.

It would be nice to know if Mary Ann and Mary are the same person, and whom she or they married. We might get there one day!.:)

Archived