New nightclub in Sheffield?

Blakely

No.....i thought that.

But its on the corner, opposite Decathlon

Used to be a gym or something like that.

This certainly sounds like the gym opposite the old NICHE, which has been empty for a decade now and quite frankly is a terrible eyesore (The old Niche I mean).

God, I hope it isn't a so-called 'R&B' Club in the Niche mould, back to the happy old days of all the dodgy clientele which followed the Niche around from venue to venue like a bad smell....

Back in the 1970's and 80's, 'R&B' meant 'Rhythm And Blues', yes, bands like Neil Young and Crazy Horse, Led Zep, JJ Cale, Crosby Stills and Nash; shame that the term has got so confused into its present day meaning....

If the new club does materialise and it is decent and eclectic, maybe it might be able to hold an occasional LGBT Night; it would also be next to the Bloc Space Gallery, so hopefully it will cater to the arty crowd....:hihi:

Back in the 1970's and 80's, 'R&B' meant 'Rhythm And Blues', yes, bands like Neil Young and Crazy Horse, Led Zep, JJ Cale, Crosby Stills and Nash; shame that the term has got so confused into its present day meaning....

R&B has been short hand for american black music since the 1940s - its more the dodgy UK pub rock of the 60s/70s that led to confusion of the phrase (though i've never heard Neil Young called R&B).. but anyway... off topic a bit..

Archived