No smoking at airports..

I'm currently sat in terminal 5 at Heathrow airport. Just landed from a connecting flight from Manchester. I've not been able to smoke since 6am, I'm a nervous flyer and a smoke would calm me down!

I'm due to catch a flight to Dallas at 11:55am. It's a 10hr flight. Therefore, I will have to go without a fag for around 16hrs!!

Heathrow has a multi faith prayer room, but no smoking areas??!! Last time I checked religion was to blame for more deaths than smoking!!

The world has god MAD I tell thee!!

I'm really surprised as there is usually some desingnated smoking area within the Terminal building.

---------- Post added 09-08-2013 at 09:25 ----------

That's disgusting .. I've had a look and there isn't any within Terminal 5 .. you have to go back through to the UK bit and then go BACK through security. Bonkers.

I'm not a smoker but I agree with fair treatment for all.

I'm really surprised as there is usually some desingnated smoking area within the Terminal building.

---------- Post added 09-08-2013 at 09:25 ----------

That's disgusting .. I've had a look and there isn't any within Terminal 5 .. you have to go back through to the UK bit and then go BACK through security. Bonkers.

I'm not a smoker but I agree with fair treatment for all.

I've asked. It's 100% smoke free in the entire airport!

That would be illegal, it would specifically have to be outside of any building wouldn't it.

---------- Post added 09-08-2013 at 11:01 ----------

I've asked. It's 100% smoke free in the entire airport!

There are outdoor smoking areas if you go back through passport control.

I'd make sure that you will be allowed to re-enter via security though, ie you have a boarding pass that is valid.

well to be honest, that is exactly what it boils down to.

you say your a nervous flier. man up. stop being so scared of one of the safest forms of transport.

you moan that you will be going 16hrs without a fag. hardly the end of the world. if your weak enough to let 3 inches of paper and baccy run your day then man up.

No. It isn't.

It is 'No Smoking' within the entire terminal building but there are designated smoking areas outside.

Have a little walk.

That's what I meant. There used to be smoking areas. Pretty sure one of the bars had a balcony level you could go out and smoke on.

I might go and light up in the prayer room. Could I get away with that if I said I was a rasta ??

Archived