Ice cream vans in the 50s

I think my first experience was "Hulley's", on Parson Cross during the early 50s, then Walls, and then Mr Softee. I can still smell the exhaust from the Hulleys van.
What god awful ice cream Wall's was. I used to enjoy a 99 though.

I well remember Aggies ices, she used to come round Foxhill in her Ford E83w ice cream van. I would get her to put some in a glass bowl and take it home for us all to eat. I can taste it now with the raspberry sauce....... yummy ! Does anyone else remember Aggie's ?

Yes - Taggy's ice cream is mentioned in (or the subject of) a number of threads - see this one for example..:)

My Dad used to tell me about Taggys ice cream when we lived in New Zealand he said he used to love it when he was a kid so it must have been around for a long time I can never remember seeing their ice cream vans around was it made down Heely somewhere because my Dad lived down Heely as kid and he said it was made locally.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived