Ice cream vans in the 50s

Joes ices! Lucy hackenthorpe village in the late sixties early seventies cider lollies and screwballs.

---------- Post added 21-08-2013 at 22:32 ----------

I well remember Aggies ices, she used to come round Foxhill in her Ford E83w ice cream van. I would get her to put some in a glass bowl and take it home for us all to eat. I can taste it now with the raspberry sauce....... yummy ! Does anyone else remember Aggie's ?

My mum use to go out with the fruit bowl on Sunday tea time that was joes ices from Beighton we lived in hackenthorpe village I remember Lucy the icecream lady throwing pepper in mr softies eyes because he came on her patch poor bloke.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone remember Turners ice cream vans at Mosborough. They had an old j type morris and when it came around the guy blu a whistle. They had the shop on the corner where the traffic light are now. I remember the j type being parked at the back years later just rusting away. I used to see it on my way to sheffield on east midland 46 from killamarsh. Oh well all long gone shame!

Archived