Best Wards pubs

Had a look on the Robinsons website to find a reference to Wards but so far no luck. Will continue looking.

http://www.robinsonsbrewery.com/catalog/product/view/id/37/category/22

---------- Post added 06-10-2013 at 13:49 ----------

Petes sons were, Pete Mick Tom and Jimmy, Tom's a friend see him every now and then he runs the bar at the British legion club chapeltown,his brother Mick was killed on a motorbike a few years ago.. about his other brother Pete the last time I heard he was running a bar in Florida America..

Is Marylyn still alive ?

I reckon one of the best pints of Wards was to be found in the Commercial at Tinsley on the corner of Weedon Street.

I worked just up the road at Edgar Allens so it was frequented quite often.

You know the saying I wish I had pound for every pint I had in there!

A close second was The Industry in Darnall.

Good old days indeed!

Was Marilyn Petes wife seems to be a familiar name ,not sure,I can remember he would tell stories about one of his aunts that had a pet monkey...

Yeah she was, last time I saw her she was working at the Lyceum I think.

Went to a concert or play (dunno) but she was showing guests to seats and she recognised me.

My last memory of Pete was havin a pint with him at the Norfolk arms Grenno.

Me, him, and my Dad, plus Alan Ward and someone else I can't remember..........

Pete farted accidently as we were chatting... one of those low key rumbles,

I said as I looked up, "uh, wish i'd brought mi brolly" He laughed so much he nearly ****** himself :hihi:

Yeah she was, last time I saw her she was working at the Lyceum I think.

Went to a concert or play (dunno) but she was showing guests to seats and she recognised me.

My last memory of Pete was havin a pint with him at the Norfolk arms Grenno.

Me, him, and my Dad, plus Alan Ward and someone else I can't remember..........

Pete farted accidently as we were chatting... one of those low key rumbles,

I said as I looked up, "uh, wish i'd brought mi brolly" He laughed so much he nearly ****** himself :hihi:

Pete was well known for his flatulence. he could fart to the tune of auld lang syne...:hihi:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My father always used to refer to it as "Waard's Puss" but, as I recall, he never used to decline an invitation to walk to the Richmond, when I was visiting. He seemed able to stomach it quite well.

Mike

Edited by Puffin4
To amend a seemingly rude word

My father always used to refer to it as "Waard's Puss" but, as I recall, he never used to decline an invitation to walk to the Richmond, when I was visiting. He seemed able to stomach it quite well.

Mike

We were always told that it was nicknamed crazy ale but that was when it was brewed on Ecclesall road