Best Wards pubs

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right section but here goes.

My brother in law has built a bar in his garden shed (pretty impressive) and he is always looking for bits and pieces for it. I have managed to get hold of an old pub sign for him, The Dolphin, with the Wards sign on it. I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about this pub? Are there any photo's of it, especially with the sign?

I'm afraid i don't know where this pub was, but i thought I'd start here.

Many thanks.

Mike

Hi, The Dolphin is / was at Keadby or just before the king George 6th bridge on the left of the main road to Guness, Scunthorpe.

• 3 months later...
In my part of Sheffield anyway; Tea Gardens (Grimesthorpe Road), Crown Inn (Forncett Street)

The landlord's son at the Crown was in my class at All Saints. He used to 'find' 10 Park Drive every now and then which we would smoke on Smith's Field. Not comfortable with snitching even after 56 years so he'll have to remain nameless. :)

The landlord's son at the Crown was in my class at All Saints. He used to 'find' 10 Park Drive every now and then which we would smoke on Smith's Field. Not comfortable with snitching even after 56 years so he'll have to remain nameless. :)

I'm not snitching either but that would be Michael R****

Used to go in the Crown many moons ago,landlord was called Martin and he moved out to Hoyland.

Well I've never found a beer that is near as good as Wards was, not even the substitute that was brewed by Jennings tasted much like the original..probably Banks is the only beer that comes anywhere near,I lived in Telford for few years and Bonk's bita as brummies call it was a popular drink there,it was a lot like Wards in taste and smell and needed a good landlord to look after it,one pub the beer would be spot on the next it would be rubbish.