E U flags to be stamped on British birth certificates?

its just another nail in the coffin that is the UK!! no it wont hurt anyone if the eu flag is there.... but why?? i understand it will replace the royal warrant/coat of arms another piece of our heritage gone to eu bureaucrats to make us all inclusive!! sorry i dont want to be part of europe or all inclusive and there is a growing mainstream that think the same as i do. i dont believe there is as much benefit to euro membership as we are led to believe and as we pay in to the eu far more than we get out it seems a no win for us in the UK. we are dictated to by Brussels, did you know that government buildings and depts get fined if they dont display the euro flag on certain days????:huh::loopy:

---------- Post added 10-08-2013 at 20:05 ----------

by the way Wex i like your signature line ...very apt for this forum

At what point did you give permission to have the royal warrant/coat of arms stamped on your BC? At what point did you decide to become subject to the crown?

---------- Post added 11-08-2013 at 00:06 ----------

Not sure what a birth certificate is, to be honest. I’ve never owned one; I’m just a number in a national register somewhere. It must be a lacuna in my education. Anyroad, why would you want to be promoting the EU on your birth certificate (whatsoever that may be)? The only advantage I can conceive of is advertising revenue for the EU’s PR department. A most immoral thing to impose upon anyone, I should think, given the Moloch’s nefarious nature. Nay, that very flag is an insult.

Same question to you, and why would you want to promote a dynastic monarchy represented on your birth certificate?

Not sure what a birth certificate is, to be honest. I’ve never owned one; I’m just a number in a national register somewhere.

I'm sure you'll have been issued one if you're a British citizen. If you were born in England or Wales (I'm not sure about S&NI) then the GRO will send you a copy for a very reasonable £9.25

I myself once sat the official state exam to become an EU translator, which, had I succeeded, would have probably made me earn double the pay that I get now. (On the other hand, I would have lived in Brussels, which is a horrible hellhole of a city.)

So, on the whole: the EU is a failure.

So because you once failed an exam the EU is a failure. Has it occurred to you that you may be over-inflating your own self-importance?

Not sure what a birth certificate is, to be honest. I’ve never owned one; I’m just a number in a national register somewhere. It must be a lacuna in my education. Anyroad, why would you want to be promoting the EU on your birth certificate (whatsoever that may be)? The only advantage I can conceive of is advertising revenue for the EU’s PR department. A most immoral thing to impose upon anyone, I should think, given the Moloch’s nefarious nature. Nay, that very flag is an insult.

As Tinfoil hat said: "Biggest non-story ever."

If you have got a birth certificate (and you post on this forum) the chances are that you've had it for some time and it doesn't have a flag - EU or other - on it.

If you need to replace it, the replacement probably won't have a flag either. (If it does, how can you say it's a copy of the original?)

According to some of the posters on this forum, UK-born people are going to be a minority soon - so birth certificates with flags on will, presumably, be rare.

If every birth certificate issued in the EU has an EU flag on it, does that mean that everybody who happens to be born anywhere in the EU will automatically be eligible for EU citizenship?

Not true, we've been asked whether we wanted to be in the EU in the 1975 referendum. The question was:

“Do you think that the United Kingdom should stay in the European Community (The Common Market)?”

67% of voters said yes back then.

The 1975 referendum was about Britains membership of a perfectly acceptable EEC (European economic community) not the EU, which is a very different animal; even most of the most ardent eurosceptics today didn't have a problem with the EEC and would like to see Europe revert back to it.

Most people probably thought that the vote in 1975 was about joining the EEC, but Ted Heath - the architect - subsequently admitted that his real goal was to get the UK into some form of 'United Europe'.

Rolling back bureaucracy (and, more to the point getting politicians to disestablish their posts) is a highly unlikely possibility.

If there was no European Parliament then all those MEPs might actually have to get real jobs. Could you really get by without a European Commission? (Or could EU Commissioners get by without the money they make?)

So because you once failed an exam the EU is a failure. Has it occurred to you that you may be over-inflating your own self-importance?

I don’t compare myself with others. I am a solipsist.

---------- Post added 11-08-2013 at 13:55 ----------

As Tinfoil hat said: "Biggest non-story ever."

If you have got a birth certificate (and you post on this forum) the chances are that you've had it for some time and it doesn't have a flag - EU or other - on it.

If you need to replace it, the replacement probably won't have a flag either. (If it does, how can you say it's a copy of the original?)

I have just looked that up. If I wanted official proof that I have been born, I would have to address myself to the municipal administration of the town where I was born, which would then be able to provide me with an excerpt from the National Register of the Kingdom of Belgium. I have never seen such an excerpt, and probably nor has anyone in my family. My guess would be that it bears the town weapon. Thus, getting a ‘birth certificate’ would entail getting on an aeroplane, taking the train and presenting myself at the city administration with my ID card. ...which is pointless because that card already proves who I am.

I have just looked that up. If I wanted official proof that I have been born, I would have to address myself to the municipal administration of the town where I was born, which would then be able to provide me with an excerpt from the National Register of the Kingdom of Belgium. I have never seen such an excerpt, and probably nor has anyone in my family. My guess would be that it bears the town weapon. Thus, getting a ‘birth certificate’ would entail getting on an aeroplane, taking the train and presenting myself at the city administration with my ID card. ...which is pointless because that card already proves who I am.

But you have an ID card which proves who you are. There is no such thing in the UK and although nobody is required to prove that they were born (it's usually accepted as a 'given') if you want a passport (or a National Insurance Number) you will have to go through a few hoops to get one - and one of those hoops will involve producing a birth certificate.

Archived