Switzerland to Segregate Asylum Seekers

i thought you meant that ,but the thread title is about asylum seekers not people who have been given asylum

Good point, it's still daft then, I would detain them all until their case is proven, and then until they can prove they can integrate by passing a language test.

Or the fact she has decided to milk it to get publicity for her new movie The Butler, maybe the shop simply doesnt like serving ugly women.
Are you being flippant or just unusually shallow?

Something similar happened to me in a posh boutique not long ago when I was looking for something to wear for a very special occasion. I asked the snooty assistant if I could try something on, she looked me up and down with a dissaproving glare and said "we do have a cheaper range madam" :roll:

Oprah was probably peeved because the assistant didn't recognise her, famous celebrities get too used to the attention.

On the other hand she could be right, it may have been because of her colour and the assistants assumption that she couldn't possibly afford the bag. If that was the case she had a very good reason to be annoyed.

yep and this is why its so silly for our border control not to take fingerprints from people caught trying to illegally enter the country.

What would be the point of taking fingerprints?

Do you check fingerprints?

There is no system of registration (to show where you live) no ID card system (to show who you are) and no requirement to register to pay taxes on your income.

The British people have said they don't want those things, so they can hardly complain when nobody knows who is who, who is where and who is making a living by illegal (or unregistered) means.

---------- Post added 10-08-2013 at 22:01 ----------

No it's daft. Once an asylum seeker is accepted, surely the best thing is to have them as fully integrated as possible, rather than segregate them?

Who is going to do the integrating?

Who is going to change to fit in with the other group?

In a multi-culti system, there is no requirement for the newcomers to integrate, is there?

Has that happened in the UK? - Or are there enclaves ghettoes of different cultures?

Half a million immigrants last year came into the uk,if you believe the counts,almost everythings at breaking point.

Its time to start sending them back,its the uk not league of nations.

350,000 left...

Ps the United Kingdom is a league of nations.

Pps..and the threads about refugees.

350,000 left...

How many came in ILLEGALLY.....same again another 500k?

Ps- only untill we pullout of europe and no longer accept thier quotas,anyone who entered the uk from the commonwealth and EU influx from 1957 onwards can hardley claim to be british as thier parents wernt born here and have no british history untill that date onwards

PPs the threads aboute asylum seekers

How many came in ILLEGALLY.....same again another 500k?
...and how many of them leave when they discover this isn't necessarily the land of milk and honey? Same again, another 350,000? Or since we're totally making numbers up and speculating, what about 2 million?

Ps- only untill we pullout of europe and no longer accept thier quotas,anyone who entered the uk from the commonwealth and EU influx from 1957 onwards can hardley claim to be british as thier parents wernt born here and have no british history untill that date onwards

You are aware that the United Kingdom is made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland?

PPs the threads aboute asylum seekers

So talk about the numbers of refugees who apply for asylum here then, rather than embellishing an already emotive subject.

Half a million immigrants last year came into the uk,if you believe the counts,almost everythings at breaking point.

Its time to start sending them back,its the uk not league of nations.

350,000 left...

I wonder how many of the 350,000 who left went to other countries because of the generous benefit systems in those countries?

I wonder how many of the people who came to the UK did so because of the generous benefit systems in that country?

Archived