National Lottery

People have lost interest thats why the jackpots are so low.

So their stupid solution is to charge twice as much to double the jackpot but less people will play it.

Why pay £2 to win £4m on Saturday when you can pay £2 on Friday's Euromillions and win £12m.

They've got this one all wrong.

Should've given it to Virgin in the last bidding process. Another dodgy decision by Parliament like the train fiasco.

It's all a bloody scam and the Euromillions is the worst one. I still buy tickets tho, what a sucker!

Better off entering the health lottery or the irish one.

Everyone must think the same but i bet the people who won it are glad they bought a ticket that day.

Gotta be in it to win it.

Why pay £2 to win £4m on Saturday when you can pay £2 on Friday's Euromillions and win £12m.

Because the odds of winning the jackpot on the National Lottery are about 14 million to 1 whilst the odds of winning the jackpot on Euromillions are about 116 million to 1?

Both are a tax on the poor.

Testing peoples pockets by putting them up 100% with no extra prizes :loopy:

I'm not sure what the chances are overall but, for example, I thought the £10 for 3 numbers is now going up to £25. Jackpots lowered but shared out across the minor prizes.

Of course lotteries are a bit of a nonsense, scratchcards too, but I personally feel I earn enough to give up the £5 a month I put on them (at work) and maybe another 1-2 scratchcards a month. I pick up winnings of £10-£20 every couple of months. My lifetime win-loss record must almost certainly be down but what the hey, £1 a week I really barely notice for the sake of a cheap little thrill I get when the win comes up :lol:

Also, I once 'kind of accidentally' bought a £10 scratchcard a couple of years ago. I just brazenly asked for #1 card and was too polite to turn it down when I realised it was 10 quid :lol:. But anyway, it turned out to have £100 winnings on it! So actually I think I have won more on scratchcards than I've paid out over my lifetime.

Not quite enough to quit my job though ;)

I suppose the sad thing is though the people who can't really afford £1 a week on the lottery but do it anyway.

Archived