Are Bicycles Road Worthy?

I am just stating facts that bicycles are a danger on the roads and something needs to be done.

The danger from cyclists is negligible really.

For able bodied people that live within about 5 or 6 miles from their place of work cycling is the way forward.

I am not a cyclist hater or anything like that.

As I said I love bikes and am hoping to get one again soon.

I am just stating facts that bicycles are a danger on the roads and something needs to be done.

I don't think the answer is to remove cyclists from the road. The more cyclists there are using the road, the more visible we become and drivers get used to sharing the road with cyclists.

If you are considering getting a lightweight mountain bike, this is the one I have, and I would highly recommend it:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/rockrider-52-mountain-bike-black-id_8207349.html

Its aluminium, so its light, and its got me to work in all weathers, even with 2 inches of snow on the ground.

If you are considering getting a lightweight mountain bike, this is the one I have, and I would highly recommend it:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/rockrider-52-mountain-bike-black-id_8207349.html

Its aluminium, so its light, and its got me to work in all weathers, even with 2 inches of snow on the ground.

Nice bike but not ideal in for commuting in normal weather conditions. A road bike or hybrid bike with no suspension and thin wheels/tyres is what you need.

Nice bike but not ideal in for commuting in normal weather conditions. A road bike or hybrid bike with no suspension and thin wheels/tyres is what you need.

Yeah, I know. I am planning to maybe get a road bike next year, but this one will do for now, plus I like to do the occasional random off-roading mission on the way home :hihi:

The OP did say he was looking for a lightweight mountain bike.

Yeah, I know. I am planning to maybe get a road bike next year, but this one will do for now, plus I like to do the occasional random off-roading mission on the way home :hihi:

I use the pavement on certain sections of my commute which is why I opted for the hybrid rather than full road bike.

I am not a cyclist hater or anything like that.

As I said I love bikes and am hoping to get one again soon.

Having a bike will be something of a dilemma for you wont it if you feel they should be removed from the roads.

Archived