Are Bicycles Road Worthy?

I am not a cyclist hater or anything like that.

As I said I love bikes and am hoping to get one again soon.

I am just stating facts that bicycles are a danger on the roads and something needs to be done.

The majority of fatal motor vhicle/cycle crashes are caused by the driver of the motor vehicles. Yet you claim that "bicycles are a danger... ...and something needs to ube done". It sems a bit perverse that you choose to blame the victim, and not the perpetrator.

The majority of fatal motor vhicle/cycle crashes are caused by the driver of the motor vehicles. Yet you claim that "bicycles are a danger... ...and something needs to ube done". It sems a bit perverse that you choose to blame the victim, and not the perpetrator.

I blame anyone who does not pay attention, vehicle drivers are trained to be alert.

Bike riders should know the risks and be alert themselves, it's a lottery either way.

I blame anyone who does not pay attention, vehicle drivers are trained to be alert.

Bike riders should know the risks and be alert themselves, it's a lottery either way.

Despite drivers being specifically trained, whereas for the most part cyclists are not, drivers cause more vehicle/cycle fatalities than do cyclists. Yet the thread picks on the cyclist. I believe that cyclists are more aware of the risks, because of their own fragility in a crash. The reason that drivers are more responsible for fatalities is because they are less aware. Maybe their training isn't adequate. Whatever the reason, more lives could be saved by an improvement in driver behaviour than by an improvement in cyclist behaviour.

Having past a few on the bus over the years, I have come to the conclusion that bicycles should be removed from the roads.

They are a danger to other motorists...

Of the thousands of motorist killed on our roads each year how many are killed by a cyclist? I think you'll find that it is motorist that pose the danger.

Trust me, you are perfectly safe from cyclists whilst you are on the MENCAP bus.

This is what always happens, I predict this thread won't last long :(

You're probably right. Cyclists are for some reason a protected species on this forum. You cant say just how it is and how despicable some of their actions are without getting the topic closed or removed completely.

Archived