Are Bicycles Road Worthy?

No cyclists on the roads would defiantly make the roads a better place for us motorists .

Except that if they weren't on bikes they'd probably be driving cars instead and the roads are already full to capacity with cars.

I think you need to reflect on the real problem, which is that pretty much every problem on the roads is ultimately caused by the excess numbers of cars.

Passing bikes would not be the problem you seem to find it, if the roads weren't so full of cars that it's difficult to pull out and pass.

So perhaps reflect on the fact that every bike you see is one less car on the road?

Except that if they weren't on bikes they'd probably be driving cars instead and the roads are already full to capacity with cars.

I think you need to reflect on the real problem, which is that pretty much every problem on the roads is ultimately caused by the excess numbers of cars.

Passing bikes would not be the problem you seem to find it, if the roads weren't so full of cars that it's difficult to pull out and pass.

So perhaps reflect on the fact that every bike you see is one less car on the road?

Perhaps passing bikes would be less of a problem if he was a better driver.

I don't personally find it to be that difficult.

Perhaps passing bikes would be less of a problem if he was a better driver.

I don't personally find it to be that difficult.

Passing bikes is clearly going to be a problem if the bicycle is riding in the recommened way in congested conditions (i.e. assertively placed towards the middle of the road to prevent irresponsible passing attempts) and, the other side of the road is fully occupied by a long stream of cars going the other way.

Then again, the problem there isn't the bike, but the excessive amounts of cars on the road.

No cyclists on the roads would defiantly make the roads a better place for us motorists .
aye, longer queues, less parking spaces, higher demand for cars, pushing up prices ... and the advantages would be ?

You could help to make the roads a better place for yourself by learning to drive properly so that you don't see other road users as an unnerving hazzard.

Archived