Challenge: Feed yourself for less than £2 per day!

Buy bread and marge to make toast instead then.

I'd still need milk to put in my tea though. That would be my first priority. Then cheap carbs to keep me going.

You should be able to pick up loads of cheap veg at this time of year from a greengrocer, or the market.

id prefer black coffee to manky tea, but tbh it can be done away with anyway :P i dont drink hot drinks

It won't be easy, but your laying down some very unique circumstances, such as you can't eat this that and the other, you can't travel to the cheap super markets and you are short on money because your paying off someone else's debt. Is the point of this to highlight the low benefits you feel people are entitled too?

It won't be easy, but your laying down some very unique circumstances, such as you can't eat this that and the other, you can't travel to the cheap super markets and you are short on money because your paying off someone else's debt. Is the point of this to highlight the low benefits you feel people are entitled too?

I agree.

I think the OP is not giving a full story. Firstly why would you be paying debts and council tax when you cannot afford to eat. Those slip down the priority list. No court is going to enforce an Order to pay creditors against someone who genuinely cannot afford to get bread and milk.

As for Council tax - same thing again. If you lose your job - get down there and sort out council tax benefit, sort out a payment plan or if the worse comes to the worse dont pay it and argue your circumstances at Court.

As for "...I dont eat this... I dont eat that..." Grow up. The OP needs to learn sharp that when times are hard and money is tight you buy what you can afford to eat not what you would prefer to eat. I want champagne over my savers vodka but tough. Money is tight and you buy what you can afford.

PS to the OP - since you clearly cannot live without it, fresh milk is as little as 49p a pint, with cheese being as little as £1 a block. So that's £8.51 left. More than enough to get the basic or end of line ranges of carbs/pulses/cereals and canned each week.

I agree.

I think the OP is not giving a full story. Firstly why would you be paying debts and council tax when you cannot afford to eat. Those slip down the priority list. No court is going to enforce an Order to pay creditors against someone who genuinely cannot afford to get bread and milk.

As for Council tax - same thing again. If you lose your job - get down there and sort out council tax benefit, sort out a payment plan or if the worse comes to the worse dont pay it and argue your circumstances at Court.

As for "...I dont eat this... I dont eat that..." Grow up. The OP needs to learn sharp that when times are hard and money is tight you buy what you can afford to eat not what you would prefer to eat. I want champagne over my savers vodka but tough. Money is tight and you buy what you can afford.

PS to the OP - since you clearly cannot live without it, fresh milk is as little as 49p a pint, with cheese being as little as £1 a block. So that's £8.51 left. More than enough to get the basic or end of line ranges of carbs/pulses/cereals and canned each week.

Huh ?

What would be the point in eating food that would come right back up ?

No matter how starving i was i could never eat an oyster. :gag:

Archived