Challenge: Feed yourself for less than £2 per day!

18 eggs £1.50 ish. Bread 60p, much less/practically free if you go before closing and buy knockdown. Teabags 28p, UHT milk 53p.

Eggs sandwiches and tea will see you through...

£6 spare, nearly enough for a days travel pass to see friends/family.

---------- Post added 12-08-2013 at 01:26 ----------

I've seen second hand quite worn pots and pans in charity shops for more than what they cost new. I recall one instance of a friend buying a 2nd hand toaster in a charity shop for more than it would cost new.

Reduced sections at supermarket good, but charity shops not so good.

Depends what charity shops you go to probably but obviously if the pots are knackered or expensive then try a different shop,

I'm assuming you've got; margarine +some ketchup, and maybe some other bits to add in,

Hendersons?

also guess you've got tea/coffee making abilities?

you should be able to figure simple measurements out without a jug

1/2 pint =280ml pint=568ml ect

just need oven/grill/kettle

in fact first scour the house for extra cash, sofa, all pockets, car?, bedroo, look absolutley everywhere. tip the sofa up to see if moneys got inside it, look in the rubber ring of the washing machine+ the fluff trap..

I don't have anything like ketchup, salt, pepper, margarine, hendersons etc..

I also don't have any coffee, or tea bags, and no milk..

I have already gone through everywhere looking for change, oh, and I don't have a washing machine either!! (I have to wash my clothes in the bath, or go to a laundrette)

I don't have anything like ketchup, salt, pepper, margarine, hendersons etc..

I also don't have any coffee, or tea bags, and no milk..

I have already gone through everywhere looking for change, oh, and I don't have a washing machine either!! (I have to wash my clothes in the bath, or go to a laundrette)

You obviously have an internet connection and looking at your posts you're a bit of a gadget freak so you must have lots of other potentially saleable goods. Therefore I don't think you're anywhere near as poor as you make out. Sell off your laptops, mobiles and gaming consoles and use the money to pay your rent and buy food. It's a question of priorities.

You obviously have an internet connection and looking at your posts you're a bit of a gadget freak so you must have lots of other potentially saleable goods. Therefore I don't think you're anywhere near as poor as you make out. Sell off your laptops, mobiles and gaming consoles and use the money to pay your rent and buy food. It's a question of priorities.

Maybe his tech represent an investment in his future earning potential? Like the tools of his trade? Sure, he could sell those off, to pay for food here and now, but at what cost?

One has to weigh these things up carefully, and *sometimes* a little pain in the here and now, is a worthwhile trade-off for a better chance at future prosperity.

---------- Post added 12-08-2013 at 13:07 ----------

How come you're not earning? Working in IT? You must have some saleable skills in the area?

How come you're not earning? Working in IT? You must have some saleable skills in the area?

There aren't a great number of IT jobs in Sheffield, Leeds is a bit of an IT hot spot, as is north yorkshire.

Manchester isn't bad but getting there and back can be a bit of an expedition, especially in winter

There aren't a great number of IT jobs in Sheffield, Leeds is a bit of an IT hot spot, as is north yorkshire.

Manchester isn't bad but getting there and back can be a bit of an expedition, especially in winter

I wonder if it's worth him considering starting up his own business? Or moving to Leeds or Manchester?

Have you considered either of those options Ghozer?

I wonder if it's worth him considering starting up his own business? Or moving to Leeds or Manchester?

Have you considered either of those options Ghozer?

I had already considered all of these...

To start my own business would require me to drive, I have not passed my test yet (cannot afford it, did lessons when I was workin)

Moving to Leeds or Manchester isn't really a viable option, due to my debts, I would need to be earning in the first instance to be able to rent a property, and I wouldn't pass credit checks at the moment either..

That, and my disabled mum (blind, and has MS) lives in Sheffield, so I need to be as close as possible when i'm not at work/not working!

Archived