Surface fishing canal

at94

Going to do a bit of surface fishing for carp on the canal!Can some one give me a link on what dog biscuits to buy preferably from asda, tesco or saisnburys ! Also what shall i do if i walk along the canal and do see any carp what then ??

Pedigree chum mixers, do em the night before, these always come out perfect for and easy to do, fill the kettle and set it boiling, now put as many as you want in a sieve, pour the entire kettle full over the biccies as even as possible, now turn on the cold tap and rinse them again all over so they cool down, now place in a sandwich/food bag in the fridge overnight, they should be perfect the next day

starting to think surface fishing is abit touch and go whether you catch!

---------- Post added 10-08-2013 at 23:02 ----------

Any ideas if i dont see any rising up ??

If its warm and sunny chances are they'll be on top, if not try fishing at different depths till you start catching. Locate em first then try to get em feeding

The majority of the canal surface fishing is casting to visual fish, a mobile approach works a lot better than a static approach, be prepared to put the miles in. I used to start at bernard rd at the back of the bin place and work my way all way up to the plumpers stretch and sometimes back again, it can be really rewarding fishing if the conditions are right. I would just take a loaf of bread and a few dog biscuits!!

Archived