Fishing Navigation canal Sheffield/Rotherham

arctic100

Can someone tell me who owns the fishing rights and if day tickets are available and how it's fishing now? I heard that it is now free fishing between Sheffield and Holmes Junction and I know that from Kilnhurst to Mexbrough that's Pheonix. Not sure between Holmes and Dalton though - basically through Rotherham.

Not fished it for a good few years and have some good days on it (and a lot of bad!) and fancy doing it this week. Not decided where yet though and what method, used to get sick of gudgeon at Kilnhurst so probably not maggot. Never had any massive fish from the canal, last time I fished it was at Mexbrough and I packed up and went home cos little ****s were chucking bricks off the bridge, there was a burnt out factory opposite and dead rats floating past - never again there.

I'm fairly sure that no one owns any rights on any part of the Sheffield stretches of the cut!, Dunno about Rotherham though ..

I think the Plumpers were the last to own fishing rights in Sheff..

Biggsy :)

At Staveley the Chesterfield canal behind Morrisons is the best by far, a good stock of most species from well cared for banks & platforms. Excellent fishing!!!

Fished there with my son a week or so ago, loads of bites/fish but it was windy as hell!!

Nothing large though!

Biggsy :)

Archived