Labour Attacks Tesco Over Foreign Staff!

talking of wages, britains has now fallen into the lowest in europe

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23655605

It does not say Britain has amongst the lowest wages in Europe. It says there has been the biggest fall in wages.

The fact that we attract thousands of foreign workers seems to suggest that the job and wage situation in this country is better than elsewhere in Europe.

This isnt a small problem,most of the Large companies have all the areas normally out of bounds to the public rammed with immigrants.

There are few large companies that are not doing it.I see it first hand everyday and the few British workers amoung them are pretty peived.

Yeah but im struggling to see what Tesco get out of it. They're not getting cheap labour cause its minimum wage.

Recruiting abroad would be expensive & a pain in the backside too.

The problem is an underclass of unemployed chavs who have lost the work ethic and are content to live a life on benefits. Sadly, employers have to look to people from other countries who still have the work ethic.

The problem is an underclass of unemployed chavs who have lost the work ethic and are content to live a life on benefits. Sadly, employers have to look to people from other countries who still have the work ethic.

Stop spouting what you see on the BBC,you have no idea of the truth!!

The truth is large companies are paid to take on foriegn workers and ignore British workers who desperatly want to work for fair money.

From the article:

"Mr Bryant will admit immigration can have a negative effect on labour markets, according to extracts from the draft speech reported in The Sunday Telegraph.

"The biggest complaint I have heard, from migrants and settled communities alike, is about the negative effects migration can have on the UK labour market. And I agree," he is due to say."

Remind me again: How many immigrants did Labour bring into the country?

Exactly and even before the speech they are having to backtrack because they have allegedly got some of their facts wrong.

The coalition may be unpopular but labour just don't seem to be able to capitalise.

Stop spouting what you see on the BBC,you have no idea of the truth!!

The truth is large companies are paid to take on foriegn workers and ignore British workers who desperatly want to work for fair money.

I spout what I see.

I work a lot in London where you are more often than not served in shops by foreign workers from places like Poland. You can see the work effort - everything is done quickly, politely and professionally. They respect their employer and their customers and expect to work hard for their money.

Too many of the British unemployed think they are better than the jobs and pay on offer when the opposite is actually true... they are not good enough. Employers are looking to foreigners for quality and not cheap labour. It is embarrassing.

Latest news:

Tesco and Next reject the claims, which had been due to be made by shadow immigration minister Chris Bryant in a speech that was leaked to newspapers.

In extracts from the speech published at the weekend, Mr Bryant claimed Tesco had moved a distribution centre to Kent where "a large percentage" of staff were "from Eastern bloc" countries.

Staff at an original site, "most of them British, were told that they could only move to the new centre if they took a cut in pay", he was reportedly due to say.

'Deeply disappointed'

But the supermarket giant said it was "wrong to accuse Tesco of this", saying it did not have such a distribution centre in Kent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23662668

Seems like he wrote his original speech on the back of a beermat in the pub.

"Hmmm, who can we attack this week in order to appeal to UKIP voters....hmmm, I know! Big business and immigrants!"

He's just made himself look silly.

Archived