Labour Attacks Tesco Over Foreign Staff!

Why would the folk at Ford need a pay rise? If they think that Tesco pays more, leave and get a job there!

Food is far cheaper in this country today than it was when wages were fairer.

Alternatively, if the wages at Tesco are too low, why don't the people working there start their own shop?

I'm sure the customers would flock to a local shop which charged higher prices.:roll:

I suspect that the supermarket business is highly competitive. Direct Labour costs represent a large part of the operating costs.

There is no shortage of posts on this forum from people who want the shopkeepers to pay more - but if a shop did pay more (and passed the cost on to the customers, as you might expect them to do) how long would the queues to shop at that establishment be?

Are you suggesting that education isn't free to the level required for most jobs?

? Shelve stackers, checkout assistants, and stock checking etc. Maths for a start. Reading and writing to a decent standard. All free education.

Not surprised to see you posting in this though. Remember when you said you would close Tesco down if you were in charge Even at the cost of 250,000 people's jobs? With policies like yours, who needs a recession.

No education is free, someone has to pay the teachers, and pay the electric bill.

But I thought, or so we were told, that migrants take those jobs because no British wanted to do them? You can't have it both ways, besides, I thought employers would prefer to pay their workers as little as possible?

I am sure that immigrant workers add to the GDP of this country; but I believe that they lower wages too.

Rubbish. Most people were working for decent wages before Labour got in in 1997. Wages in real terms plummetted under their government, mainly because of mass immigration.

---------- Post added 12-08-2013 at 13:40 ----------

Rubbish. Most people were working for decent wages before Labour got in in 1997. Wages in real terms plummetted under their government, mainly because of mass immigration.

Rubbish - http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/aei/average-earnings-index/november-2010/average-earnings-index.html

From the article:

"Mr Bryant will admit immigration can have a negative effect on labour markets, according to extracts from the draft speech reported in The Sunday Telegraph.

"The biggest complaint I have heard, from migrants and settled communities alike, is about the negative effects migration can have on the UK labour market. And I agree," he is due to say."

Remind me again: How many immigrants did Labour bring into the country?

Did you ever watch Spitting Image in the 80s and 90s? It's a shame it doesn't come back but one that mocks both parties rather than left-wing influence. I've just watched Bryant. I had visions of Cameron drugging him, and puppeteering him into talking. Who IS their public relations officer?! It has to be a right-wing undercover making Labour look pitiful. It's the only explanation for the crap that they come out with.

And if he is?

There are many people who make more than he does. I expect Alan Sugar, Richard Branson, Jessica Huie, Anita Roddick and a host of others make more than that.

If you want, you can always be self-employed and pay yourself twice as much. - If you're worth it, of course.

And if he is?

There are many people who make more than he does. I expect Alan Sugar, Richard Branson, Jessica Huie, Anita Roddick and a host of others make more than that.

If you want, you can always be self-employed and pay yourself twice as much. - If you're worth it, of course.

The Governor of the Bank of England is a migrant worker. It is an illustration that they aren't all on minimum wage. Some are doctors some are labourers. But many find work here because they have a better work ethic than some British workers. There is no point giving a job to a layabout just because he's British when someone from Latvia will do the job conscientiously.

Archived