Vauxhall Astra Twintop roof not opening

Have a 2008 Astra twintop and sometimes the roof won't open, when you are pressing the button inside the car the process starts and then stops leaving the boot slightly open and it won't then close, we fiddle with the boot lock and then it's ok, anyone had this problem and know how to resolve it. Next step is a vauxhall garage which I guess won't be cheap. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks Jason, would it have to go into a vauxhall garage or would my local one beable to do it, they have just fixed a problem when a light came on the dashboard. Did you fix your own or did a garage do it? Thanks

---------- Post added 11-08-2013 at 19:14 ----------

I have searched vauxhall forums but can not find anything.

Folding roofs need maintenance. Lubricate all hinges and spray all electrical contact points and switches with electrical contact cleaner. Any resistance on the motor mechanism or switch not contacting and you'll have a problem.

Peugeots also have a pull out boot luggage cover a bit like a blind. The leading edge of that bends over time and gives a mis reading on the sensors which detect its pulled out (without it being extended it won't open the roof). Not sure if your Vauxhall has the same.

• 2 years later...

Hi Richied11,

We located a man that just works on Vauxhalls and he came out to the house and was reasonably priced, we sold the car 2 years ago but I will have a look to see if I've still got his details.

---------- Post added 27-02-2016 at 14:06 ----------

I googled and found him it's called fix my Vauxhall and his details are Tim Harrison on 07802 216021 hope you get it sorted