Mosque open day

Without being rude, as an atheist, to me they're all just different imaginations. I don't believe any of them exist, have any impact on my life or any influence on how I live.

That said, a lot of people choose to believe, and thankfully we live in a free world, so they're able to. Even better, we live in a very free country, where we aren't forced to follow one religion, and can choose any or none. That's how life should be.

There are literally hundreds of churches in Sheffield. 200+ from memory. There are about 20 mosques I believe.

The population of Sheffield is say 500,000, of which I'd guess 100,000, if that, go to church regularly. I certainly know very few people who do. Most Muslims go to mosque. There are several thousand Muslims, so it's simply supply and demand. They need somewhere to pray to their chosen god.

As for open days, why don't people try open minds! Don't want to go? Then don't. I personally find it interesting, and would hate my children to grow up being small minded bigots. I want them to understand other people, and whether they share opinions or not, they should at least understand them.

That said, I know someone who's sending their child to "a good catholic school" as the children are more likely to be white and not gay. I cried a little inside when I realised such archaic opinions still existed.

+1 :thumbsup:

Archived