Downtown Akbars Restaurant

BEDROCK

Hello, got a night out planned this Thursday and was wondering what the food and service is like?

It is the one on West Street in town so am really looking forward to a spice sensation.

Not had a good Indian in a while and usually have Madras style dishes with rice.

Here is the menu, what are your suggestions...

http://www.downtownakbars.co.uk/

The service is good

Shame about the food

This is not the same as AKbars

Near to Rotherham.

I had something called Aloo bakhura, a delicous dish cooked in mild spices, in a plum sauce.

Imagine my surprise when it was overly spicy, and not mild at all.

My GF had the korma, she said it was the blandest Korma

she had ever tasted. It was covered in Almonds.

The layout looks nice.

The naan bread was large, though it had a sheen in places.

I told the waitress about my curry being too hot, she tried telling me I asked for it spicy. I had to leave nearly all my meal. The bill came, which if I had eaten my meal, would have been reasonable. At the point when the bill arrrived, we were informed that the card machine wasn't working. I think they were worried, I would try and claim my money back from the credit card company. I wouldn't personally recomend. Also on the website, there is a 3 course meal advertised for £5.99. I heard someone ask for it, only to be told the offer doesn't exist anymore. I have heard butlers balti house, is good. Five spices is also good. Other people may have had a better experience, but mine was a disaster. I feel they should have knocked something off for the meal I couldn't eat. If I did something for someone, and they weren't happy with it, I'd either offer to do it again, or knock them some money off. Akbars, of Rotherham, and Bradford, have nothing to do with downtown Akbars, so don't be fooled by the similiar name.

Archived