Eddie Shah statement

If you look at the examples I gave earlier then it is obvious that there is no public interest in prosecuting the 18 y.o. lad, whilst doing nothing against the group of 5 men who gangbang a girl, just because one girl is 2 hours younger than the other. The police/CPS need to apply discretion because, despite what the NSPCC say, the 18 year is not a child abuser and shouldn't be treated as one. I really do not think it is too confusing for people to cope with.

In fairness this happens already, the closer they are in age the more compelling the argument that sex was consensual (assuming it was of course) and the CPS will take a view based on the circumstances.

I attach a link to the Crown Prosecution Service site which might help those wanting to know what the law actually is

http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/fact_sheets/sexual_offences/

The law is there not just to protect the young person from the adult or the predatory adult (note the word adult) but also to protect the young person from engaging in conduct that we as a society (through the lawmakers) have determined is something they should not do at a particular age.

In fairness this happens already, the closer they are in age the more compelling the argument that sex was consensual (assuming it was of course) and the CPS will take a view based on the circumstances.

Will they?

Boy, 15, on sex offenders register for petting girlfriend

UK Sex Offender Register follows America in destroying families and children

This one isn't from the UK but It even shocked me.

Girl, TEN, spends four days in lockup and may have to register as a sex offender for allegedly raping 4-year-old boy… but her mother says it was just horseplay.

Er, excuse my ignorance, but how on earth is it possible for a girl to rape a man, let alone a 4 year old boy?

Archived