Eddie Shah statement

Expand on that if the girl has stated she is over age and gives the impression she is over age how do you Police it ,as the law states ,yes you are quite correct in that statement but if the girl says in a statement that told the man she was 16 + as the law stands he is still to blame ,how can that be right ?

Because it's the mans responsibility to be sure. There are things he can do - he could ask to see the girls birth certificate, or talk to the parents; it's just not enough to take it on trust.

It's quite easy to avoid problems of this sort really - just avoid having sex with young teens - or if you really must, make sure they're as old as they claim to be.

I don't think it is right at all, I've only scanned through the storey and If I'm correct this bloke was in his 30's and looking to nail teenagers whether legal or not I'd still view the guy as a paedo. If he was still in his teens himself then perhaps his ignorance could at least be understandable.

I covered that with the 16 y o example but like it or not the 30 y old who goes with a 16 y o is well within the law and is not legally a paedo,morally thats a different story..My oldest girl is now 37 and I would find it very difficult to have sexual relations with any girl under or anywhere near that age.

But theres a difference between ignorance and being told something that you are led to believe is true

Is there? It would be a mitigating circumstance, the degree of which would be based upon what led you to believe the girl was over 16, but "I met her in a nightclub, and you have to be over 18 to be in a nightclub", probably wouldn't do.

To blame for getting in hot water for having sex with an under age girl.

That is fine as long as common sense dictates how hot the water is! We need to remember that the law in htis area is a very blunt tool.

Because it's the mans responsibility to be sure. There are things he can do - he could ask to see the girls birth certificate, or talk to the parents; it's just not enough to take it on trust.

It's quite easy to avoid problems of this sort really - just avoid having sex with young teens - or if you really must, make sure they're as old as they claim to be.

So if youre on a night out and pull a good looking girl who ,and its not rare nowadays,looks acts and talks the same as someone 18 or thereabouts your going to insist she shows you her birth certificate, yeah too right you are..excuse me miss but you told me you're 18 can we go and see your mom and ask her if its alright to have sex.:D

---------- Post added 12-08-2013 at 10:39 ----------

Is there? It would be a mitigating circumstance, the degree of which would be based upon what led you to believe the girl was over 16, but "I met her in a nightclub, and you have to be over 18 to be in a nightclub", probably wouldn't do.

Therefore the doormen and the staff on the door would have to brought into the equation for the simple action of letting them in to said nightclub.

So if youre on a night out and pull a good looking girl who ,and its not rare nowadays,looks acts and talks the same as someone 18 or thereabouts your going to insist she shows you her birth certificate, yeah too right you are..excuse me miss but you told me you're 18 can we go and see your mom and ask her if its alright to have sex.:D

I don't go out looking for teenage girls to have sex with; I'm very happily married to an adult woman in the same age bracket as myself.

However, if I did go and look for teenage girls as sexual partners, I'd want to be damned sure they were of legal age.

If other men are so led by their penises that they can't be bothered to check, that's their look out - but I don't think we need to change the law to account for a small minority who think with their dicks.

I covered that with the 16 y o example but like it or not the 30 y old who goes with a 16 y o is well within the law and is not legally a paedo,morally thats a different story..My oldest girl is now 37 and I would find it very difficult to have sexual relations with any girl under or anywhere near that age.

To take the risk as you pointed out that is morally repugnant and is well deserving of the 'paedo label' but I suspect the guy probably couldn't care less as to the legality of his actions at the time - IMO the man is a paedo and I'm sure he knew that at the time, the age discrepancy must have crossed his mind but he chose to dismiss it because he though he'd get away with it.

Archived