Eddie Shah statement

... but I don't think we need to change the law to account for a small minority who think with their dicks.

I thought it was a scientific fact that most men have a bypass system (resulting in the little head taking over command fuction from the big head) when they encouter a beautiful women?

---------- Post added 12-08-2013 at 11:04 ----------

To take the risk as you pointed out that is morally repugnant and is well deserving of the 'paedo label' but I suspect the guy probably couldn't care less as to the legality of his actions at the time - IMO the man is a paedo and I'm sure he knew that at the time, the age discrepancy must have crossed his mind but he chose to dismiss it because he though he'd get away with it.

Paedophilia is a psychiatric term not a legal one. It is nonsense to label someone who has sex with someone aged 15 years, 364 days and 23 hours as a 'paedo' and 'not a paedo' if they do it an hour later.

The 16 year old minimum age for having sex should be used as a threshold for considering if a crime has occurred and what the appropriate action (if any) should be. Anything else is lazy, stupid and injust.

The very idea you must ask the girl her age before sex or the girl is volunteering her age before sex then I would say stay well clear. If you wish to delve into under age sex without taking that extra bit of caution simply because you can't control an urge then don't scream when the consequences come flying at you.

Young girls looking older isn't a defence especially when we as adults all know young girls look older. It's very easy to find out a childs age

Not really, because you are accountable for your own actions.

Forgive me for playing Devils advocate here and had the fortune to strike up a conversation with a stunning young lady and you yourself were single and looking,surely you would expect the door staff would have already vetted the young girl as to her age not withstanding at least for their culpability in the laws governing entrances to night clubs.

---------- Post added 12-08-2013 at 11:11 ----------

I'm sure Marlene Guest would give you a turn ;)

I used to know of Marlene years ago she made a very good living out of selling second hand furniture to the Asian population,I can never avoid a little chuckle when she turns up in her BNP guise.And stop taking quotes out of context :)

---------- Post added 12-08-2013 at 11:13 ----------

The very idea you must ask the girl her age before sex or the girl is volunteering her age before sex then I would say stay well clear. If you wish to delve into under age sex without taking that extra bit of caution simply because you can't control an urge then don't scream when the consequences come flying at you.

Young girls looking older isn't a defence especially when we as adults all know young girls look older. It's very easy to find out a childs age

Really, explain how given the examples, i.e in nightclubs,quoted

I used to know of Marlene years ago she made a very good living out of selling second hand furniture to the Asian population,I can never avoid a little chuckle when she turns up in her BNP guise.And stop taking quotes out of context :)

Forgive me Glam, but it was...irresistible :)

Forgive me for playing Devils advocate here and had the fortune to strike up a conversation with a stunning young lady and you yourself were single and looking,surely you would expect the door staff would have already vetted the young girl as to her age not withstanding at least for their culpability in the laws governing entrances to night clubs.

I wouldn't base my actions on whether what I was about to do to be legal or not, on the judgement of a couple of doorman and I'd be wrong to do so. For example, everyone is aware that underage girls manage to get into nightclubs, so everyone is also aware that the young looking girl that they are chatting up may well be underage.

So it wouldn't be a defence. As I said earlier you are accountable for your own actions.

So 16 year old boys need to stay clear of girl their own age? Can't see that working.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23653172

Now I realise this bloke is obviously upset at what has happened to him but does he have a point to quote from the link...A young person under the age of 16 cannot give consent to sexual activity. question given that young girls mature much more quickly than males,how the hell do you recognise someone who is of age,as Shah stated re the groupies etc girls used to throw themselves at pop stars and indeed as far as I know had to be 16 before entering the Top of the Pops studio but obviously must have entered under age.Now as stated the law says...A young person under the age of 16 cannot give consent to sexual activity if someone is under age but who acts ,looks and has categorically stated that they are over the age of 16 and are willing to consent to sex on that understanding,just who is to blame ?and Im not confining that situation to celebritys which would obviously rattle a few cages ,what about a 16 y o lad who meets a 15 y o girl she would probably look more mature than he did and if she states shes 16 and thay go on to have sex the 16 yo lad is then,as the law states,breaking the law and liable to prosecution and all it entails ,surely the law while obviously designe to protect the vulnerable, is unfair.

Each case should be decided on its merits. We should neither moralize nor indulge in one of our periodic outbursts of outrage.

Really, explain how given the examples, i.e in nightclubs,quoted

Vetting procedures by nightclubs are there so that they conform with the law, if they fail they are taken to task. They are not in force to additionally allow you to have sex with under age minors. That is your responsibility.

Archived