Eddie Shah statement

I understand where he's coming from, but I think he's wrong. Juveniles who look 16+ need protecting from themselves as well as from sexual predators.

Dont be so ridiculous. Thats the most stupid statement ive read on here in a while and i read your posts quite a bit so the competition is quite stiff.

So 16 year old boys need to stay clear of girl their own age? Can't see that working.

16 is above the age of consent.

The problem with any age of consent is that at its finest limit, it needs policing with a mountain of common sense. A 16 year old boy and is 15 y.o. girlfriend shouldn't be considered an abuser. The law, however, says otherwise.

So 16 year old boys need to stay clear of girl their own age? Can't see that working.

Eddie Shah is not 16, he's 69. Any 16 on 16 year old isn't illegal. If you're implying 16 on 15 year olds then you may have a point, but my guess is the courts would take the minor age difference as mitigation into consideration, as it usually does.

Dont be so ridiculous. Thats the most stupid statement ive read on here in a while and i read your posts quite a bit so the competition is quite stiff.

Thanks Maxtor, perhaps you'd go to the trouble of explaining why?

Each case should be decided on its merits. We should neither moralize nor indulge in one of our periodic outbursts of outrage.

But even the courts follow trends, and its 'men are evil' or maybe just anti-women, Shah was brave to speak out.

My daughters friend is 13 years old, and she is taller than many adults, certainly taller than her gran that looks after her.

Vetting procedures by nightclubs are there so that they conform with the law, if they fail they are taken to task. They are not in force to additionally allow you to have sex with under age minors. That is your responsibility.

Of course it is but when someone has managed to gain entrance to a establishment which is designed by their actions to keep underage people out and given that the girl looks the part ,that must take away most if not all doubts on the age of the girl,take Mandy Smith,Bill Wymans ex wife there is no way she could have ever been taken as a 14 year old purely by looks when Wyman met her,Ok Wyman should have maybe known better given the vast age difference but if she had been in a nightclub and been pulled by someone 18 or so and spotted together no one would have given them a second glance,they would have passed as a legitimate,of age, couple

16 is above the age of consent.

The problem with any age of consent is that at its finest limit, it needs policing with a mountain of common sense. A 16 year old boy and is 15 y.o. girlfriend shouldn't be considered an abuser. The law, however, says otherwise.

I agree. The judicial system however in cases of youth on youth implement the "mountain of common sense" unless premeditated rape is the issue.

Of course it is but when someone has managed to gain entrance to a establishment which is designed by their actions to keep underage people out and given that the girl looks the part ,that must take away most if not all doubts on the age of the girl,take Mandy Smith,Bill Wymans ex wife there is no way she could have ever been taken as a 14 year old purely by looks when Wyman met her,Ok Wyman should have maybe known better given the vast age difference but if she had been in a nightclub and been pulled by someone 18 or so and spotted together no one would have given them a second glance,they would have passed as a legitimate,of age, couple

Are you aware that under age girls manage to get into nightclubs?

Archived