Eddie Shah statement

That's interesting, so you think it's perfectly ok for an older man to have sex with a 14 year old girl just because she say's it's something she wanted to do?

Sex is normal and at 14 I was capable of making my own decisions about who to have sex with, it’s a normal part of growing up, if you had tried it you might think a little differently now. So I don't think it was yours or anyone else responsibility to protect me from myself.

Sex is normal and at 14 I was capable of making my own decisions about who to have sex with, it’s a normal part of growing up, if you had tried it you might think a little differently now. So I don't think it was yours or anyone else responsibility to protect me from myself.

We're not talking about you, we're talking general principles.

Surely you agree that adult men shouldn't be having sex with girls under sixteen, regardless of whether the girl believes it's what she wants.

Surely you agree that adult men shouldn't be having sex with girls under sixteen, regardless of whether the girl believes it's what she wants.

He claimed 14 year olds need protecting from themselves, I disagree, I used to be 14 and from that prospective think he was talking crap. I was more than capable of making my own decisions on whom to have sex with. My guess is you wasn't which is why you assume all 14 years olds are as incapable as you was.

He claimed 14 year olds need protecting from themselves, I disagree, I used to be 14 and from that prospective think he was talking crap. I was more than capable of making my own decisions on whom to have sex with. My guess is you wasn't which is why you assume all 14 years olds are as incapable as you was.

Do you think it's acceptable for adult men to be having sex with girls under sixteen, even if the girl thinks she wants it?

Do you think it's acceptable for adult men to be having sex with girls under sixteen, even if the girl thinks she wants it?

Thanks Halibut, that's entirely my point.

I wonder if the poster would condone a sexual relationship between their 14 year old daughter and a 40 year old man.

It's not just Halibut who thinks adult men having sex with 14 years old girls is wrong. It's the law of the land that says 14 years old girls should be protected in this way. Any man who has sex with an underage girl is not going to get anywhere by defending himself in court with an argument that 14 years olds can make their own decisions. Some 14 years old girls may be able to but that wouldn't stop a man from ending up on the nonce wing.

Thanks Halibut, that's entirely my point.

I wonder if the poster would condone a sexual relationship between their 14 year old daughter and a 40 year old man.

In the UK it would be illegal and I don't condone illegal activity, in other parts of the world it isn't illegal, so given the choice between a 40 year old man that can provide for my daughter or a 15 year old drug addict that will just drag her into the gutter, I would prefer the man.

The Sexual Offences Act (2003)

Look up the bit about an under-18 year old male having sex with an over 13 (but under 16) year old female.

NB: "The Sexual Offences Act 2003 introduced a new series of laws to protect children under 16 from sexual abuse. However, the law is not intended to prosecute mutually agreed teenage sexual activity between two young people of a similar age, unless it involves abuse or exploitation...."

The Law is quite clear.

It is an offence for anyone to have sex with someone under the age of sixteen. Whether the offender is over or under the age of 18.

The CPS Guidance regarding whether or not to prosecute or not is another matter. But two youngsters indulging in mutually agreed sex when they are under the age of sixteen are committing an illegal act.

In the UK it would be illegal and I don't condone illegal activity, in other parts of the world it isn't illegal, so given the choice between a 40 year old man that can provide for my daughter or a 15 year old drug addict that will just drag her into the gutter, I would prefer the man.

I'd prefer neither and am glad that the law is in place to protect the vulnerable irrespective of their self belief.

I'd prefer neither and am glad that the law is in place to protect the vulnerable irrespective of their self belief.

Its not a perfect world and what you would prefer isn't always the outcome.

So how would the law protect your daughter from the consequences of catching syphilis from the snotty 14 year old whom she chose to have sex with at the back of the bike shed.

Archived