He's not The Messiah..he's Martin

When my grandson was born in Jessops 5 years ago ( last monday) I got into a conversation with one of the nurses about some of the names parents lumber their children with.

She informed me that a child in an adjoining ward had been named Lucifer. At first I refused to believe it but she assured me it was true.

'Good luck getting him christened.' Was my comment.

Funnily enough ,I've mentioned this to a few people & it's surprising how many youngsters have no idea why it may not have been such a good choice.

It's quite a nice name, translated as "Shining one", "Illuminated one", "Morning Star".

There's only a problem with it if you believe the rumours about the original character from that book

It's quite a nice name, translated as "Shining one", "Illuminated one", "Morning Star".

There's only a problem with it if you believe the rumours about the original character from that book

It is quite a nice name I agree, I mean they could have called him Beelzebub which isn't half as pleasant :twisted::o

There are hundreds of people throughout the world with names like Jesus or Mohammed so why is Messiah not acceptable.. I know people called King. Prince, Lord. Earl, etc and who knows what some of the meaning is of some foreign names?

Archived