Examples of Good Customer Service

I can't see Waterstones having sorted it as fast, or as easily. I;d have been schlepping books back and for to them for a week or more, and had to pay a lot in diesel and parking.

Amazon I sorted it all without even having to really leave my desk.

Yes but they sent a pallet, good job that wasn't part of your shipping fee :hihi:

Has to be Apple for me, even though I was aware they are notorious for good customer service, they managed to impress me more.

For the record, I haven't bought an Apple product for about... 8/9 years ish, I only like their iPods. So I bought the very first generation iPod Nano when it was released, I think, about 8/9 years ago. 7 years after, the iPod (surprisingly) still doing its job and working fine, I received an email from Apple themselves, informing me, the battery's in that particular generation of Nano are capable of burning out at this age, and if I sent it them back they would replace it. A month later I received a brand new iPod. Surprised they even bothered telling me, if the battery had burned out, I would have just thrown it, and more than likely bought another.

It was a product recall due to a safety risk. Same thing happened to me, They sent me a 6th generation nano. Imagine the negative publicity had they not recalled them and they then caused electrical fires during charging? My shiny new nano was a lot cheaper for Apple than a compensation payout!

I bought a book on Python from Amazon. It arrived falling apart as there wasnt enough glue on the bindings for the spine.

So I called Amazon, who sent me another - same problem, same missing glue in the same place.....

So I called them again and the nice lady said she would send all the books in stock as she couldnt check them and it sounded like there may be a generic fault....

I should have realised this was a bad idea and perhaps the lady at Amazon should have - I got to the office and found an amused receptionist and eight five books on a pallet by my desk.

All of which were defective!

So I asked Amazon to take the books back, which they did after having a good laugh and promising to credit the account appropriately, (which they did that day) and that left me with my original book, which I'd paid for and been refunded for, and which I said I'd keep. After an unamused delivery man left I called the publisher.

After telling them tale of woe, I sent a photo of the problem to them, and she said she'd "look into it" but they were moving HQ that day so it may be a little while...

Two days later, I got a free copy of the book. She driven to the warehouse, sorted through a few hundred copies and found a good one. The rest went for pulping apparantly.

O'Reilly is the publisher.

You just made that up.

A young girl called vicky working for bhs in meadowhall was brilliant when I ordered clothes online and didnt want them anymore. I was told by one lazy staff that I cant refund in the shop, but vicky sorted the refund it took her half an hour getting the codes right, but she was patient and very polite at all times. Thank u vicky I know many that wont bother.

And what makes you possibly think I made that up? For what reason?

Because you have nothing to say. I see this all the time. The amount of peeps who say this - 'I bought a bag of crisps that have bad crisps in - I wrote them a letter and recieved a crate load of crisps in return'. It's internet BS. Done to death :)

Because you have nothing to say. I see this all the time. The amount of peeps who say this - 'I bought a bag of crisps that have bad crisps in - I wrote them a letter and recieved a crate load of crisps in return'. It's internet BS. Done to death :)

Want me to post the return note from the publishers and rub your nose in that BS then?

Archived