Car question for you clever people.

My car has got a few tiny areas of surface rust underneath the car. Its very minor but i dont want it to get bad so i was wondering if i can get the rust removed and a coating of some sort applied to protect the underside from rust?

Is this something a mechanic would generally do? If so has anyone got any idea of cost?

My car has got a few tiny areas of surface rust underneath the car. Its very minor but i dont want it to get bad so i was wondering if i can get the rust removed and a coating of some sort applied to protect the underside from rust?

Is this something a mechanic would generally do? If so has anyone got any idea of cost?

Just some of this on it, Hammerite Underbody Seal 1L

The best form of rust protection is grease or oil.the best way is to scrub it up with a wire brush then you can treat it with rust converter.its a sort of chemical paint that you apply to the rust and it turns the rust into good metal again, you then paint over it with under seal or slap some grease on it..

The best form of rust protection is grease or oil.the best way is to scrub it up with a wire brush then you can treat it with rust converter.its a sort of chemical paint that you apply to the rust and it turns the rust into good metal again, you then paint over it with under seal or slap some grease on it..

I use Jenolite to treat rust, its used by the M.O.D and an area I treated 2 yrs ago on my van has not come back= http://www.rejel.com/rejel-store/list/1/categoryid/1249/level/a.aspx

Its available at most auto spare shops.

Archived