Dozens of worshippers gunned down at Nigerian Mosque

Well if it isn't, what do you suggest we you do about it?

If you want to go and 'sort them out', I'm sure you'll find somebody willing to hold your coat.

I'm fed up with hearing about 'the evil Western colonists' (who provided jobs and stability in much of the 3rd world.)

Perhaps it's time the developed world sat back and said to the various civil/religious war combatants around the world:

"We're not going to interfere. It's your country and your problem. You sort it out using your own resources/money. Let us know when you've got the government, administrative and agricultural systems you want to have."

If you want to go and 'sort them out', I'm sure you'll find somebody willing to hold your coat.

I'm fed up with hearing about 'the evil Western colonists' (who provided jobs and stability in much of the 3rd world.)

Perhaps it's time the developed world sat back and said to the various civil/religious war combatants around the world:

"We're not going to interfere. It's your country and your problem. You sort it out using your own resources/money. Let us know when you've got the government, administrative and agricultural systems you want to have."

if that was in response to my post, the issue i have is the apparent support of mindless murder

i'm all for self determination but it doesn't stop me having sympathy for the victims

Perhaps we should stop arming them too

if that was in response to my post, the issue i have is the apparent support of mindless murder

i'm all for self determination but it doesn't stop me having sympathy for the victims

I didn't read Total Chaos' post as being a 'support for mindless murder' but rather as a (perhaps increasingly common) reaction to any suggestion that we, in the west, should 'do something about' the friction between Shi'tes and Sunnis (or any other two conflicting groups, for that matter.)

Civil (or religious) wars are terrible, but looking back through history there are very few (I can't think of any) cases where the problems which led to a civil war have been solved by outsiders.

Why post about this on a Sheffield Forum? What foreigners do to each other in their own countries that does not affect us is their business not ours.

I certainly do not see why we should be endangering our own military people for other folks causes. Never mind that any intervention by us would doubtless cost millions of pounds as well. If you had not noticed as a nation we are in financial difficulty with many other burdens imposed upon us by our own sucessive Governments.

Yes military people know that by joining their lives may be put at very real risk, they accept that when they join, but do not expect to be laying down their lives and sustaining crippling injuries, followed by government and public rejection, for anything other than the defence of our own nation.

Archived