Dozens of worshippers gunned down at Nigerian Mosque

Yes, lots of opportunities in the West Indies, free transport provided.

LINK

Even better! More jobs for the rest.

Wages were a bit low mind (zero for slaves) and you only got the day off when you died, still, it's steady work.

Seems it's more complicated than you may think

"According to Robert Davis between 1 million and 1.25 million Europeans were captured by Barbary pirates and sold as slaves to North Africa and the Ottoman Empire between the 16th and 19th centuries. The coastal villages and towns of Italy, Portugal, Spain and Mediterranean islands were frequently attacked by the pirates "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Africa#Northern_Africa

They went as far North as Iceland apparently...

Yes, lots of opportunities in the West Indies, free transport provided.

LINK

Even better! More jobs for the rest.

Wages were a bit low mind (zero for slaves) and you only got the day off when you died, still, it's steady work.

The New World and the 3rd World are two different places. Slavery is abhorrent, but who sold the slaves to those who shipped them to the New World? - Was it by any chance those in Africa who had caught them?

As you are well aware (and I"m not sure why you tried to divert the discussion to the West Indies) I was talking about the 3rd World - and particularly Africa. The Western countries which had colonies in Africa did not use slavery. - The farm labourers they employed weren't paid very highly - but then again, agricultural workers in the UK in the 1950s weren't paid that well, either.

The New World and the 3rd World are two different places. Slavery is abhorrent, but who sold the slaves to those who shipped them to the New World? - Was it by any chance those in Africa who had caught them?

As you are well aware (and I"m not sure why you tried to divert the discussion to the West Indies) I was talking about the 3rd World - and particularly Africa. The Western countries which had colonies in Africa did not use slavery. - The farm labourers they employed weren't paid very highly - but then again, agricultural workers in the UK in the 1950s weren't paid that well, either.

Slavery is still widespread in Africa, and even some Arabs have been found with slaves held captive in their UK residences.

Slavery is still widespread in Africa, and even some Arabs have been found with slaves held captive in their UK residences.

Hopefully, they were prosecuted convicted and imprisoned, but what has Arab slavers got to do with my statement that the European farmers did not use slave labour?

What the Arabs and the Africans do in their own countries is, IMO, up to them. We - and by 'we' I mean the western world (and particularly those western countries which had colonies in Africa) - should keep our noses out and let them get on with it.

After all, the people of Zimbabwe (for example) had every right to take the bread-basket of Africa and convert it into the basket-case of Africa. If they want to revert to their previous status, they have every right to do so.

Nobody has any responsibility to do it for them.

Nigeria is one of (if not the) richest countries in Africa. They have an army and they have a police force. They can afford to sort out their own problems without western interference aid.

Hopefully, they were prosecuted convicted and imprisoned, but what has Arab slavers got to do with my statement that the European farmers did not use slave labour?

What the Arabs and the Africans do in their own countries is, IMO, up to them. We - and by 'we' I mean the western world (and particularly those western countries which had colonies in Africa) - should keep our noses out and let them get on with it.

After all, the people of Zimbabwe (for example) had every right to take the bread-basket of Africa and convert it into the basket-case of Africa. If they want to revert to their previous status, they have every right to do so.

Nobody has any responsibility to do it for them.

Nigeria is one of (if not the) richest countries in Africa. They have an army and they have a police force. They can afford to sort out their own problems without western interference aid.

Watch the video. Well the first 3 or 4 minutes anyhow.

http://www.newenglishreview.org/blog_display.cfm/blog_id/45561

Do you think Bilbo Baggins exists because of The Hobbit?

God moves in mysterious ways. Why not ask him?

---------- Post added 13-08-2013 at 14:34 ----------

Surely you can't think he doesn't.

So is it god's will that one lot of muslims should gun down another load of muslims? Do you think that there could be too many muslims in Nigeria for your god's liking?

Wow, finally proof that God exists. :rolleyes:

If you don't believe in god than fair enough but there is no need to take the **** out of people who do, if you are going to be infidels than at least be good infidels instead of petulant ones. :hihi:

---------- Post added 13-08-2013 at 20:19 ----------

You forgot to mention the white slave keepers who were caught in England recently. :rolleyes:

Seems it's more complicated than you may think

"According to Robert Davis between 1 million and 1.25 million Europeans were captured by Barbary pirates and sold as slaves to North Africa and the Ottoman Empire between the 16th and 19th centuries. The coastal villages and towns of Italy, Portugal, Spain and Mediterranean islands were frequently attacked by the pirates "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Africa#Northern_Africa

They went as far North as Iceland apparently...

I guess our reparations should in the post from the descendants of the muslim pirates of the mahgreb. I'll not rely on them to pay the bills though.

If you don't believe in god than fair enough but there is no need to take the **** out of people who do, if you are going to be infidels than at least be good infidels instead of petulant ones. :hihi:

Why not? Children have invisible friends and that’s quite understandable and normal, but there comes a time to take the pee out of adults when they continue with this belief. :)

Petulant infidels?

Puerile infidels?

Or infidels who are beginning to get worried? ... Very worried indeed. :hihi:

Originally Posted by vinyl

You forgot to mention the white slave keepers who were caught in England recently. :rolleyes:

If slave keepers (of any skin colour/ethnicity) are caught in England, let them be subjected to English law.

I find slavery abhorrent, but I've neither the available lifespan, the energy nor the inclination to mount a one-man crusade (or to join an established crusade) to sort out the problems in foreign countries.

If I don't like the way a country is run, I don't go there.

If I don't like the way a country is run, I don't want my tax money to be spent there (though I don't get much say in that.:mad:

From what I've read, Boko Haram are extreme - even by the standards of Islamic extremists. Are they nearer to Sunni or Shia Muslims? Was the mosque they attacked Sunni or Shia? - Would they have attacked a mosque used by the other sect?

It does seem somewhat strange that the Nigerian government appears to be unable (or should that be unwilling?) to contain them.

It was, without a doubt, an atrocity. It's up to them to sort out their own problems, though.

It does seem somewhat strange that the Nigerian government appears to be unable (or should that be unwilling?) to contain them.

It was, without a doubt, an atrocity. It's up to them to sort out their own problems, though.

I think unwilling is a slur. Unable is accurate and that's what this murderous islamist attack is about. The CJTF have been slowly trained up so civilian men in the areas who volunteer are armed and trained so if islamists are located they can be killed then and there, not waiting till they kill the entire village and move on. That's why this mosque was attacked, volunteers were praying there. Nigeria is trying to solve the islamist problem by arming it's people and asking them to kill islamists where they are found. I'm not going to criticise those tactics, they seem very sensible and I'd like to see them rolled out across every nation where islamists cannot be eradicated efficiently by law enforement agencies.

$100 a head for a jihadi and a free rifle to kill em with is the way forward.

Archived