Dozens of worshippers gunned down at Nigerian Mosque

Absolutely not. Look up the differences and wars between Shia and Sunni Muslims.

The differences between Sunni and Shia are as bitterly fought as those between catholics and protestants in Northern Ireland.

So suicide bombs go off everyday in Belfast markets etc do they? Hmm Must remember not to go to Belfast thanks for that info.

BTW Anywhere else in NI where suicide bombs go off?

---------- Post added 14-08-2013 at 16:43 ----------

Religion of peace doing its thing. Im not surprised. Saddened for sure but not at all surprised. Life means nothing to these people.

Actually it was a printing error, it should read religion of pieces.

On another point it has been mooted that it is actually a backlash by none Muslims for the obscenities carried out by Muslims against none Muslims I Nigeria, if it is true can't say I blame them considering how barbaric the activities of Muslim murderers have been in Nigeria.

---------- Post added 14-08-2013 at 16:53 ----------

My understanding is that fish have very short memories and can't tell the difference between the food they normally eat and bait.

Once round the fish tank and they've forgot what they went round for.

---------- Post added 14-08-2013 at 16:57 ----------

Originally Posted by Maxtor View Post

First question. Whos Bassman?

Second question. Whos Maximus? because ive been call both of those?

Seriously. What is it with this forum and name calling?

Its

You must be really dense if you expect anyone to believe you.

Who is this Bassman? I was accused of being him a few days ago.

Regarding my red:- it would seem a certain element on here deem that SF is their domain and gang up on members that they don't like so welcome to the outcrowd

So suicide bombs go off everyday in Belfast markets etc do they? Hmm Must remember not to go to Belfast thanks for that info.

BTW Anywhere else in NI where suicide bombs go off?

I don't think you understood Medusa's post- it was a comparison, not the method of killing.

Few years back all the terrorism we only spoke of or heard of was the IRA. It's well documented what havoc this caused both in the UK and back home.

If you did a simple google search, you can find many law abiding Muslim (and non Muslim) condemning Boka Haram- in fact, the Muslim world does not even consider them as part of the Muslim community (and rightly so).

Not very long ago I also sent a link where it was shown that this group is made up of thugs and gangsters- so to say they are 100% linked to Islam is baseless. Also, the Qu'ranic text easily refutes your regular claim that Islam is not a religion of peace- most religions do preach peace and so does Islam.

Now funny thing is, no one has expanded on the recent Buddist Monks going on a rampage killing and abusing Muslims. This has been an ongoing situation but does not make the main headlines.. wonder why..

One normally thinks Buddism to be the most peaceful of religions- it's their mantra. But are you going to label ALL Buddists as terrorists and non peaceful:rolleyes:

Of all the moral precepts instilled in Buddhist monks the promise not to kill comes first, and the principle of non-violence is arguably more central to Buddhism than any other major religion. So why have monks been using hate speech against Muslims and joining mobs that have left dozens dead?

Here the antagonism is spearheaded by the 969 group, led by a monk, Ashin Wirathu, who was jailed in 2003 for inciting religious hatred. Released in 2012, he has referred to himself bizarrely as "the Burmese Bin Laden"

On Tuesday, Buddhist mobs attacked mosques and burned more than 70 homes in Oakkan, north of Rangoon, after a Muslim girl on a bicycle collided with a monk. One person died and nine were injured.

But aren't Buddhist monks meant to be the good guys of religion?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22356306

If you did a simple google search, you can find many law abiding Muslim (and non Muslim) condemning Boka Haram- in fact, the Muslim world does not even consider them as part of the Muslim community (and rightly so)....

It seems that they don't pay too much attention to what other people think. , They think of themselves as being 'ultra Muslim Muslims.'

Not very long ago I also sent a link where it was shown that this group is made up of thugs and gangsters- so to say they are 100% linked to Islam is baseless.

Unfortunately, what the rest of the world thinks of them is irrelevant - to them.

Now funny thing is, no one has expanded on the recent Buddist Monks going on a rampage killing and abusing Muslims. This has been an ongoing situation but does not make the main headlines.. wonder why..

Could that be because it is irrelevant to this discussion?

Maximus is the Latin term for "greatest"

Maximus Decimus Meridius was born in the hills somewhere between Trujillo and Merida in the municipality of Caceres in Hispania in AD 152. He was the son of Meridius, the governor of the province, and of Lucretia, the daughter of the Roman Senator Bodaus.

:)

Roman history isn't my thing however Trujillo on the other hand does - Robert Trujillo bass guitar god from Metallica :D

On a more serious note (if you aren't a fan of Metallica) is the alarming increase of Islam in African countries as a whole. It apparently gives the poor and needy something to believe in and I would guess that the extremism evolves from that. Shia and Sunni muslims also believe in different things, one is more radical and is more about the teachings of Mohammad though I think the other is more liberal though I can't remember exactly what.

I don't like Muslims as a group ... then again, I don't like any groups of people. - On the grounds that they are members of a group.

I do have (a few) friends who are Muslims. - The 'Friend' bit comes first, the 'Muslim' bit just happens to be there and is irrelevant.

If Islam is increasing in Africa, so be it. If the governments in those countries in which Islam is increasing decide that they are opposed to Western values and the Western culture, then those governments should no longer be treated as friends and should be invited to go their own way. Using their own money to pay the fare.

It seems that they don't pay too much attention to what other people think. , They think of themselves as being 'ultra Muslim Muslims.'

That is the problem- these type of people would consider your average Muslim as being a non Muslim/a renegade if they opposed them or opposed some of their actions!

Could that be because it is irrelevant to this discussion?

It's not- because we keep hearing about Islam/peace and most religions would normally preach peace.

Buddism is a prime example but what was being shown is that even people of this faith/practice can and do resort to violence that one would never associate them with.

Best answer is humans will resort to violence as it is in our nature- for some religion is just a front.

That's a 'cop out', Mr Fisk. Boko Haram are very dangerous and very nasty people.

I don't (ordinarily) support the elimination of people, but if the Nigerian government are determined to wipe out that bunch, they might even get a few million back from me (just as soon as Mr Bannister B'koko sends me the $295,000,000 he promised me.)

If the Nigerians want to whack each other, then I'll make all the appropriate noises. but - to be honest - I'm not going to lose a lot of sleep.

If, however, somebody was to kill one of my friends, then whether that friend was a Christian, a Muslim, a Jain, an anything else or an unbeliever I would be very upset.

We're all supposed to 'make the right noises' but I suspect that many of us still adhere to the old (or old and modified) tribal rules.

My tribe is my family, my friends and my fellow citizens.

Family comes first, friends come second, fellow citizens come third and the rest of the human race can queue up. - First come, first served.

That may not be politically correct (and it's certainly not Islamically correct - but it's the way my mind works.

Family first. Friends next. Countrymen after that and then we'll sort it out.

YMMV - but that's the way my mind works.

That's a 'cop out', Mr Fisk. Boko Haram are very dangerous and very nasty people.

I don't (ordinarily) support the elimination of people, but if the Nigerian government are determined to wipe out that bunch, they might even get a few million back from me (just as soon as Mr Bannister B'koko sends me the $295,000,000 he promised me.)

If the Nigerians want to whack each other, then I'll make all the appropriate noises. but - to be honest - I'm not going to lose a lot of sleep.

If, however, somebody was to kill one of my friends, then whether that friend was a Christian, a Muslim, a Jain, an anything else or an unbeliever I would be very upset.

We're all supposed to 'make the right noises' but I suspect that many of us still adhere to the old (or old and modified) tribal rules.

Family comes first, friends come second, fellow citizens come third and the rest of the human race can queue up. - First come, first served.

That may not be politically correct (and it's certainly not Islamically correct - but it's the way my mind works.

It's the way most people's minds work. I pointed this out to the muesli brigade on here the other day when discussing the fate of the British female victims of the acid attacks. Inevitably they think there is a problem with feeling more for them than someone thousands of miles away with whom we have nothing in common.

How is it a cop out RB?

Also, I have not even suggested Boko Haram are anything else other then a a dangerous bunch of people who are geared towards spreading violence.

I agree family comes first- it does for me always.

I also feel sad to hear about the death of innocents, whatever their religious or ethnic background. No I don't feel sorry for two groups fighting each other who are willingly engaged in warfare- but when innocents are killed (non combats) I do feel anger.

If one group is trying to get rid of one that is causing mayhem and corruption to the lands, then I support the one doing good, that is the only exception I make. So if the good citizens of Nigeria are fighting Boko Haram, then I will voice support for the former.

... So if the good citizens of Nigeria are fighting Boko Haram, then I will voice support for the former.

Thank you, Mr Fisk ... but who do you define as the 'good citizens of Nigeria'?

If Boko Haram follow their literal meaning and wage war on Western culture (including Christian cuirches) , will you still support their extinction?

Archived