The dangers and cons of dating sites..

The government discriminates against single people. *"*($*

I said society, not government, although council tax reduction for single occupants should be 50%, not a half-hearted 25.

Society is even worse: have you never noticed, for instance, that hotel rooms for singles are always more expensive than doubles? Suppose you would want to get a mortgage: it is automatically presupposed that there are 2 people. ‘Family tickets’ for trains, excursions, special restaurant offers for 2 people: society is incredibly biased towards couples and well-nigh obsessed with them. In employment, to give another example, holiday planning priority for people ‘with families’ is rampant, whilst single people can apparently be expected to do the requisite overtime for all the others, without question. The only proper word for that is discrimination.

I said society, not government, although council tax reduction for single occupants should be 50%, not a half-hearted 25.

Society is even worse: have you never noticed, for instance, that hotel rooms for singles are always more expensive than doubles? Suppose you would want to get a mortgage: it is automatically presupposed that there are 2 people. ‘Family tickets’ for trains, excursions, special restaurant offers for 2 people: society is incredibly biased towards couples and well-nigh obsessed with them. In employment, to give another example, holiday planning priority for people ‘with families’ is rampant, whilst single people can apparently be expected to do the requisite overtime for all the others, without question. The only proper word for that is discrimination.

And when booking a holiday - I booked one last week, and as a single traveller, it actually cost £5 more than what it would have cost for a couple.

And when booking a holiday - I booked one last week, and as a single traveller, it actually cost £5 more than what it would have cost for a couple.

Yes, the advertised holiday was just over £120.

I rang to enquire and was told that was based on 2 sharing. As a single traveller, if cost me just under £250.

In a few of the cases in the post you quoted... but certainly in this case, it's more a case of - call it whatever/false/sneaky/ advertising, rather than discriminating. I think anyway.

Most advertising uses this technique.

-

In this case they have a room, which they stick a double or two singles in it, and want £240 for it.

So they advertise it at £120*.

*for 2 sharing

If there is a bit extra for single occupants, it's probably because they work their accounts on spend per head - hence e.g. 1 person won't buy as many drinks in our mini-bar, or breakfasts at breakfast time, or drinks in our bar downstairs etc etc. SPH is a big factor and I would guess explains the single occupant extras.

That's purely guesswork mind. But it sounds like what I think goes on in the world.

so your telling me you's never cheated on a woman never hit a woman and never used her for sex?

---------- Post added 13-08-2013 at 17:18 ----------

yeah right you men are all the same

---------- Post added 13-08-2013 at 17:19 ----------

always hurting girls feelings

some men are like that hun but not all.

if my bf had done any of the above to me i would not have had 2 kids with him, i think you do need some time on your own to reevaluate your life

Archived