Whirlpool 6th Sense error F6

I have a whirlpool 6th Sense washing machine model AWOE 9558 B with error F6 I have checked pump,filter,brushes which still have 25mm left all ok I need to check motor how do I check this I have removed belt & checked rotation of pulley which is not workin how do I check voltage to motor is it AC or DC this has a 7 pin connector with wires going to each connector.

Can someone please help many thanks

According to this website, f6 errors on Whirlpool are:

Drive motor tachometer error

This error occurs when the main control unit fails to detect the motor speed from the tachometeric generator fitted to the motor either through an incorrect resistance or the tacho is not correctly fitted into place. The machine will try to detect the reading several times before aborting the program ans shutting down with this error being displayed.

When checking ensure that the drive belt and belt tension are okay as this can cause this error.

Check tacho resistance

check tacho placement

Check wiring for shorts

Check wiring harness connections between motor and main controller

Check drive belt for damage and tension

I think that this is one of the errors upon which I'd call someone else- but that's just me.

Archived