Drug smugglers caught in Peru

It 's hard to imagine that these days anyone DOESN 'T know about drug smuggling and its penalties ; someone would have to be blind, deaf and daft and have lived in remote Greenland all their lives not to be aware of the dangers.

Perhaps these latest ' victims ' are just lucky they 're not in the Saudi judicial system ?

Think it may be closer to 25+ years and they deserve everything they get. The perils of drug smuggling are well known and so ignorance or 'we were made to do it' is no defence. This will hopefully be another lesson to those stupid enough to try for themselves.

Can't help but feel sorry for them personally. Some youngsters are pretty stupid and genuinely don't consider the real risks and consequences of their action. Serving their entire 20's and possibly 30's in a Lima prison for a crazy mistake at 19 is really sad.

Can't help but feel sorry for them personally. Some youngsters are pretty stupid and genuinely don't consider the real risks and consequences of their action. Serving their entire 20's and possibly 30's in a Lima prison for a crazy mistake at 19 is really sad.

And will hopefully make other 'sad' idiots think twice !!!

And will hopefully make other 'sad' idiots think twice !!!

Young people make mistakes Expat, I don't agree with what they did and maybe I've been taken in, who knows, this might just be the first time they got caught but judging from the news they were just kids who were on holiday, didn't come home, went on the missing list for 12 days and turned up held by police in Peru. They came into contact with the wrong people in Ibiza and I hope this doesn't destroy their entire lives for what was probably just a chance meeting with some nasty men.

Young people make mistakes Expat, I don't agree with what they did and maybe I've been taken in, who knows, this might just be the first time they got caught but judging from the news they were just kids who were on holiday, didn't come home, went on the missing list for 12 days and turned up held by police in Peru. They came into contact with the wrong people in Ibiza and I hope this doesn't destroy their entire lives for what was probably just a chance meeting with some nasty men.

And if they hadn't been caught??

12 kilos of cocaine on the streets of Spain (with all the issues that would cause) and two girls thinking they've got away with it once so why not try again !!

Like I said. absolutely no sympathy whatsoever and they deserve everything they get.

And if they hadn't been caught??

12 kilos of cocaine on the streets of Spain (with all the issues that would cause) and two girls thinking they've got away with it once so why not try again !!

Like I said. absolutely no sympathy whatsoever and they deserve everything they get.

If they hadn't been caught and it was their first time doing such a thing, I'd like to hope they would feel very relieved and never do it again. Sadly, I think you're probably right. Not so much about the cocaine reaching the streets, that's going to happen anyway regardless of who takes it through. I do have sympathy for the girls, they've not even had a chance to become someone and I hope this doesn't define them.

Why on earth do so many people even want to go abroad?

Not all Americans, Canadians, Australians or New Zealanders like us so going abroad for a bit of sun or snow where they don't even speak the same language seems slightly mental to me. There's people going abroad from the UK that within the UK have never left their own county.

At least here there are people trying to prevent the loonies with guns, acid and drugs away from getting to us.

Little England is alive and well.

We go abroad to widen our experience, to learn and grow from the experience of meeting and learning from foreign cultures. Ours is a beautiful country but I am glad I have had the opportunity to swim in the Caribbean, drink rum on a Barbados beach, to marvel at the wonders of Italy, to dance till dawn in a Tenerife open air nightclub. To ride elephants, swim with dolphins and turtles. Make love to a beautiful woman (actually that was Cornwall) the others were mingers, and the one in Thailand frightened me.

---------- Post added 13-08-2013 at 18:27 ----------

At least when these ladies get out of gaol they will be experts in Llama care and weaving Alpaca hair. Now there must be a market for that kind of expertise.

Some youngsters are pretty stupid and genuinely don't consider the real risks and consequences of their action. Serving their entire 20's and possibly 30's in a Lima prison for a crazy mistake at 19 is really sad.

I completely agree. It's not a crime that warrants 25 years in prison.

12 kilos of cocaine on the streets of Spain (with all the issues that would cause).

What issues would that cause?

Cant believe how totally stupid they are, even at their age they surely know what they were letting themselves in for.

It dosent bare thinking about what they will go through god help them.

It said in the news they were paid.£8000 pounds each,not really a life changing amount,But their lives are sure as hell and I mean hell going to change now.

Archived