Blue box - confused!

hi,

my partner and I recently moved into a new house so we have a bit more cardboard than usual. We put out our blue box today which was full of cardboard and we stacked a few more flat packed boxes on top yet the bin men have just left it all. It wasn't heavy or piled high so I don't understand why they wouldn't take it. Is there a rule against taking a very slightly overfilled box? :loopy:

We alternate between using the blue bin/box for paper and card, depending on which we have most of. If you thought you'd got too much in the box, should have used the bin.

After years of good service by the same bin men, suddenly this new lot have got a bit mardy and sometimes leave stuff in the street. Being a bit pathetic and jobsworthy imo.

Q. Can I leave extra waste next to my blue box and bin?

A. Small amounts of extra paper and card will be taken from next to your blue box if it is bundled together and tied with string*. Please make sure that any extra pieces of card are no larger in size than the size of the blue box. Large cardboard items should be taken to your local recycling site.

http://www.veoliaenvironmentalservices.co.uk/Sheffield/Collections/FAQs/Blue-box-and-blue-bin-recycling-service-/#Q3734

Aren't they working-to-rule just now?

We alternate between using the blue bin/box for paper and card, depending on which we have most of. If you thought you'd got too much in the box, should have used the bin.

After years of good service by the same bin men, suddenly this new lot have got a bit mardy and sometimes leave stuff in the street. Being a bit pathetic and jobsworthy imo.

We didnt know we were allowed to do that

Archived