Should Afghan interpreters be allowed to live in UK?

Yes these interpreters must be far more heroic than our troops who left their families behind in the UK to take up arms and go head to head in gun fights against the Taliban in order to make it a better place for people just like the Afghan interpreters.

Sorry I'm taking the mick there I know, I don't see why we should bend over backwards with gratitude because a few people helped us to help them. It was always in their self interest to help coalition forces, to see them turf out the mad mullahs. Sure it was a risk for them, I'll have to tell that to all the mothers and wives of dead British squaddies who didn't come home.

What do suggest? now they have risked their lives to help us, just leave them there to get killed?

here is the petition if you want to sign it.http://www.change.org/petitions/foreign-secretary-william-hague-protect-all-afghan-interpreters-who-served-alongside-british-troops-and-give-them-opportunity-to-resettle?utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

As they must speak English to be an interpreter you are more than missing the point.

So all immigrants who speak English integrate?

I haven't missed the point at all, that's why I said they should be allowed. I've just not interpreted it in the correct left wing way. I'm glad there is a political officer to follow me around and correct me.

What do suggest? now they have risked their lives to help us, just leave them there to get killed?

It was a little daft of them to help us to help them if all along they just wanted to leave, Afghanistan as an elected government, it as trained soldiers to keep the piece, we have given them a good start and now its time for them to stand on their own, many more people will likely die before their country become a prosperous well run country, but that's for the Afghans to deal with.

Why do you think that soldiers on the ground are the best people to decide UK immigration policy?

A very odd question when I haven't stated such...very odd.

---------- Post added 14-08-2013 at 16:42 ----------

It was a little daft of them to help us to help them if all along they just wanted to leave, Afghanistan as an elected government, it as trained soldiers to keep the piece, we have given them a good start and now its time for them to stand on their own, many more people will likely die before their country become a prosperous well run country, but that's for the Afghans to deal with.

Can you pinpoint who they are?...names even?

Go on then name them and tell me were they are right now.

Oh dear, not me you div. You said many will be killed, they can't be identified but obviously we can't bring the population back here in order to stop those deaths. Interpreters can be identified, as well as their families.

That's why the petition exists..a petition initiated by men on the ground, men who have a hell of a lot more insight than you, sevenrivers or any of your other twitchers on this and other threads.

Archived