Should Afghan interpreters be allowed to live in UK?

Yes they should come here- their country was bombed with Bin Laden being made responsible for 9/11 ( no proof given)- the invaders failed, he was not captured but the invaders stayed on anyway.

I am sure that with the Afghans sitting on some of the world’s greatest reserves of mineral wealth had noting to do with it...:o

Oh dear, not me you div. You said many will be killed, they can't be identified but obviously we can't bring the population back here in order to stop those deaths. Interpreters can be identified, as well as their families.

That's why the petition exists..a petition initiated by men on the ground, men who have a hell of a lot more insight than you, sevenrivers or any of your other twitchers on this and other threads.

So why do you feel the need to save the interpreters but not everyone else. The more good people there are in Afghanistan the greater their chance of defeating the Taliban, everyone that runs away is one less to continue the struggle.

Also what makes you think they will be safe here, there are plenty of Taliban sympathizers in the UK that will be ready to kill them.

So why do you feel the need to save the interpreters but not everyone else. The more good people there are in Afghanistan the greater their chance of defeating the Taliban, everyone that runs away is one less to continue the struggle.

Also what makes you think they will be safe here, there are plenty of Taliban sympathizers in the UK that will be ready to kill them.

Because to save others you'd have to identify who the others are. The very small numbers in comparison can be identified. It's obvious you didn't read my previous reply because I've just repeated myself.

---------- Post added 14-08-2013 at 18:08 ----------

They didn't risk their lives helping us, they risked their lives helping themselves and THEIR country. I'm sure they pay wasn't bad either.

So experienced troops on the ground are liars?

Because to save others you'd have to identify who the others are. The very small numbers in comparison can be identified. It's obvious you didn't read my previous reply because I've just repeated myself.

So experienced troops on the ground are liars?

Everyone that isn't Taliban is at risk from the Taliban, so by your reckoning we should allow them all to come here as opposed to them staying were they are. The Afghan soldiers, police, politicians and there families are at risk and we know who they are, so should they also come here or stay and make Afghanistan a safe place for their children and their children's children.

If Afghans run away from this conflict the Taliban will be back and many more Afghans will be at risk, especially the women and children.

Archived